It's Not All Unicorns And Rainbows

Mary: NO! It can't be him! It can't be him! What are the odds, right?

How is that possible? My big paper friend is Jace's brother's boyfriend?!

The man from the billboard across from my old house. The man I talked to for so long. The man I told all my secrets and deepest thoughts to. My only friend.

I almost scream and Jace looks at me confused.

Jace: Angel? What's going on here?

Mary: You'll never believe this!

Jace: Try me!

I tell Jace everything that happened with the billboard and my giant paper friend and he laughs.

Jace: Really? That's great. Matt is going to flip when he hears that.

Mary: Can you tell me something about him?

Jace: Matt is a great person. He's kind, honest, reliable, and funny. He hasn't had the easiest life, but he's managed to come out of the darkness and become a great person. When you meet him, you'll understand what I mean. He and Alex are a great couple and love each other very much. I have a... special bond with him, even though we fight all the time. Oh! I forgot to tell you that he has a bad habit of calling people stupid nicknames. It's very frustrating.

Mary: Even you?

Jace: Yes. Even me.

Mary: What does he call you?

Jace: I'll tell you if you promise not to laugh.

Mary: I promise!

Jace: The bastard calls me Perverted Satyr.

I bite my bottom lip and try not to break my promise, but it's impossible not to. I burst out laughing.

Jace: God damn it. I knew you were going to laugh!

Mary: I'm sorry, but I can't help it! It's hilarious!