Before The Wedding

Mary pulls at the sheet and Alexander's and Matt's eyes open. They speak together as if they were one.

Alexander/Matt: Mary ...?

The painting with the light brown frame in front of them is the most beautiful thing they've ever seen. It shows the two of them facing each other with their eyes closed. Alexander's head is tilted back as he laughs and Matt kisses his Adam's apple in his throat. There's a peaceful expression on their faces - the expression you get when you hold the person you love in your arms.

The most impressive thing is the genuineness. The shadows that cover their beautiful faces give the impression that they're about to open their eyes. And if you look closely, you can even see their chest heaving, the veins on their neck pulsing and their eyelids trembling.

Mary has used different shades of purple for the background and their clothes. At the bottom of the frame are three words written in gold paint - which contains real gold nuggets. Three very familiar words that mean everything to Alexander and Matt.

NO MATTER WHAT! The mantra of their love.

So, Jace was right after all. It's a masterpiece!

Mary: So? Do you like it?

Matt: I ... I don't ...

Alexander: We don't know what to say.

Jace: How about "Thank you so much" or "You shouldn't be slaving away for us" or better yet "You shouldn't have made your awesome husband change diapers while you were painting".

Mary: Come on, Prince. Stop teasing them.

Matt, for the first time, doesn't respond to Jace's comment. He's too entranced for that. He approaches the painting and runs his fingertips over Alexander's face.

Matt: I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's lifelike. It's as perfect as the real person.

Alexander walks over to him.

Alexander: Almost perfect. The real you is much more beautiful.

Matt: I'm not talking about me.

Alexander hugs Matt and touches the written words with his other hand.