Grasp All, Lose All ...!

~ SATURDAY EVENING ~

~ JACE AND MARY's HOUSE ~

Mary is in the bathroom getting ready for the party. She has decided on a denim skirt short enough to show off her long legs and make her great butt look even greater.

She bought it before she knew she was pregnant, and she wants to wear it while she still can

She bought it before she knew she was pregnant, and she wants to wear it while she still can. And this party is the best opportunity. But there's another reason. She wants to look good tonight because Stella will be at the party. All right. She trusts Jace and knows full well that he only has eyes for her. But there's also the female coquetry.

Jace is in the nursery dressing Stefan with utmost secrecy. He has literally thrown her out of the room because, as he said, he has a surprise planned. His voice comes from the hallway.

Jace: Where are you, Mama? Your boys are ready!

Mary smiles.

Mary: Bathroom, Dada. Come here. I want to check on you two.

Jace enters the bathroom holding Stefan in his arms. When Mary sees them, she bursts out laughing.

Jace: What? What's so funny?

Mary: Nothing, I'm just laughing because you both look just adorable in those matching clothes.

Jace is wearing a pair of tight black jeans with a white long-sleeved t-shirt and white leather sneakers, and Stefan is wearing the exact same clothes. They also have the same baseball caps on backwards.

Jace: Do you think we're good, Mama?

Mary: Oh! I certainly do! You guys are a sight for sore eyes.

Jace: Yay! We did it, Tiger. Come on, high five!

Stefan: Dada!

Jace raises his hand and Stefan puts his little palm on it.

Mary: Okay, crazy boys. Go now so Mama can get ready.

Jace: Is there much left?

Mary: No. I just need five more minutes.

Jace: You know you don't need all that, right? You are so beautiful.

Mary: Thank you, but I know what I'm doing. Now, shoo!

Jace shrugs his shoulders.

Jace: All right.

He turns and walks out.

Mary: Hey! Stop right there!

Jace stops dead, frowning.

Jace: Whoops! We are busted, Tiger!