Chapter 6

The crowd was filled with cheers and woos. To the left side, I could see people cheering on the home team or the eagles which are my team. They were waving purple flags and were wearing black and purple themed uniforms.

On the other hand on the right side, I could see people cheering for the guest team or the Maya's from the other school. I could see them waving their blue flags and wearing blue and white themed uniforms. The people cheering from that side were probably the students from the rival school. 

We go onto our positions. For this round, I am the receiver, Aaron will be the center who will pass the ball to the quarterback who is Clay. Clay will be passing the ball to either the receivers which are me or the running backs who will take the field and the others will be the offensive linemen who will try their best and protect the runners who will take the ball to victory.

The plan was simple. Aaron will be passing the ball to Clay. Clay will pass the ball to me who is the farthest receiver meaning he would have to make a run for it. Then I will take the ball to the other running backs as they make a run for the prize.

I and Clay are enemies, yes but when it comes to football we both take our titles on the line. Our focus is mainly on winning so we act as if we are complete strangers and just do our job. Means one mess up we are screwed. So we take this game seriously and never miss a score. As long as there wasn't any teaming and communicating we were both chill with it.

"On the ready!" A then male voice spoke up. I take position keeping my eyes on the ball that was held by Aaron while the others are keeping their eyes on the defensive team that was giving them obvious toxic looks that I cringed at. But I could feel the toxic stares that our team was giving to that I am now worrying at.

"Five!" The girl spoke grinning at the cameras as she stood up holding the microphone to her mouth. I could hear the crowds getting louder as she spoke the next few numbers. "ONE!" The boy next to her yelled through the microphones.

Immediately as planned Aaron passed the ball to Clay who took the ball immediately as he began to run. All of us were running across the field me being the farthest as I keep my distance from the rival team. My eyes are all on the ball that is in Clay's hands who was running across the field with the Maya's on his tail.

I could see all the players in my eyes on Clay as if they were expecting him to do something. I got worried as I glare at Adrian who was also keeping the eye on the price. While that was happening out of nowhere I see someone behind me.

I glare at my back and saw a Maya who harshly shoved me to the ground using his shoulders causing me to grunt in pain. The crowd gasped shocked and worried as they see me fall. "Fuck" I curse under my breath glaring at the Maya who had an obvious sneer on his mouth. I wanted to curse at him but I didn't have time. I instead stood from the ground.

I glare daggers at the guy who shoved me and then back in front of me as I see Clay coming towards me with the ball in his hands. "Took him long enough" I mumble under my breath annoyed as I get ready. But only the other's scoff that got the attention of Clay who turned their attention to them.

He sighed as if he was thinking twice at the time that he shouldn't. I glare intensely at him as he only passes me throwing the ball at Jared who was another receiver laughing as he grabs it. "What!?" I yelled silently at Clay who scoffed rolling his eyes as he carried on. "Shit that's what they're expecting" I hear Aaron say.

"How?!" I shout to Aaron confused. He glared at me steadily but shortly sighing running his hands through his hair, "That guy is the strongest and is the fastest. It wasn't a surprise to them when Clay passed it to him. That was they were hoping for... I think?" he quickly spoke as he ran through the field with me far left.