Chapter 29

I exited the limo and was greeted by cameras already flashing before my eyes. I stand up smiling at the people around me as I and my parents walk through the red carpet. I look behind me and saw Clay with his parents wearing obvious fake smiles in the crowd but no one seemed to notice but me.

"404, Dream. I and Bad could see you in the cameras. Your mission starts after the announcement inside made by Techno. Don't do anything yet" I gave a nod as a signal knowing that Karl probably saw it in the cameras and continued to be as polite as possible.

In front of me were some other families with their parents wearing dresses and suits. I arrived at the main gala and started looking around for Karl to see. The gala was huge. There were two floors in my vision when in reality there were more than nine. Workers everywhere carrying wine and tables.

My mother and father and I split up right after I entered and it seemed like Clay and his parents did too. A worker passed by me and I swiftly grabbed a cup of red wine and drank a little bit placing it on the table beside. I look up and saw a huge crystal chandelier with candles on it on the ceiling.

I look up and saw the stairs that were going up into a curve and saw someone with pink hair and a mask that covered his nose and mouth on the second floor glancing at the crowd. "Is that Techno?" I heard Dream mumble from my ear piercing.

"Yes, indeed that is Techno. Everyone knows him as the 'Changer' though so I suggest addressing him Mister Changer" I heard Bad say as Dream hummed in understanding. I look around me but I got cut off by a cling sound. I look above me and saw Techno who collided with his utensil and glass.

Everyone looked at him and silence appeared. He cleared his throat, "Good evening. CEOS, presidents, secretaries, and Vice Presidents! I am glad that all of you are here today for this grand gala! Today we will be celebrating my company's anniversary with a simple treat!" He said glaring around as he raised his glass of wine.

He clears his throat, "In the next following months we are planning on creating new technologies and experiments for this world! Creating new possibilities! Of course, we are going to be needing a huge power source which we have been working on for a few weeks now! But first, let us celebrate!" He said drinking his glass of wine as everyone also did.

Everyone was now chattering in their seats eating food while I was just wandering around. "404, you go take the bathroom first. Dream will follow next" Karl instructed as I nod making my way towards the bathroom. I pushed the door open and glance around making sure no one has spotted me.

I walk through the halls quietly and saw the bathroom protected by two guards. I walk inside the bathroom and lean against the wall closing my eyes. "I arrived" I mumbled making sure Dream could hear me. "On my way," He said as I nod waiting for him to get here.

A few moments later I heard the door creak open. I turn to face beside me with my eyes and saw Dream who was washing his hands. "We just take those guards outright?" Dream said looking at me raising an eyebrow as I nod.

"Karl said he'll disable the cameras for only ten seconds. Meaning we'll beat them up for five seconds max" I mutter pushing myself off the wall cracking my joints.

"Easy enough" Dream laughed sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"Karl we're ready" I mumble under my breath.

"Alright timer starting now," Karl said as me and Dream exited the bathroom. I quickly punched the nose of the guard as he grunted trying to fight back grabbing his gun but I quickly shove that gun away from him as I kick on his crotch part causing him to go to the ground. I grab the hair of the guard and quickly drag him inside the bathroom as Dream followed the other on his shoulder.