Chapter 30

"Rory! You shouldn't be carrying that!" Her mother shouts from behind the sofa. "Jess, talk some since into your pregnant wife."
"Mom, I'm three months pregnant. I think I can carry a box of Beth's clothes upstairs," she replies.
"Ok well, maybe you CAN, but you have a perfect excuse to sit on this couch and tell us all what to do."

Summer had finally come and Jess could take some time off work so it was officially time for the happy trio- or soon to be family of four- to move into the Gilmore-Marino mansion. Luke and Lorielai had offered to help and as expected, Luke was doing most the helping.

After what seemed like an eternity, the few prices of furniture Rory and Jess has been moved in and the little family was alone in their house. Rory had set up in her grandfathers old office. Her book collection was small in comparison to his and she felt a since of excitement to be able to fill all the shelves.

"Hey," Jess said quietly. He walked into the room and wrapped his arms around her.
"What do you think?" She asked him leaning her head into his chest.
"I think he would be honored that you want this to be your safe haven to write in."
She turned around with his arm still holding her close and threw hers over his shoulder. The couple stood like this until the silence was interrupted by squeals of excitement.

"Mommy, mommy! Jess! Look what auntie Lane brought!"
Standing at the front door in front of her daughter was her best friend. Her best friend holing a golden retriever puppy.

"WELCOME HOME!" Lane exclaimed!