Chapter 31

"Ernest."
"Absolutely not. Not even a contender. Oliver."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Just no. If you can veto Ernest, I can veto Oliver."
"Fine. But Jess we have been arguing about this for eight months. We have to have a name before he gets here."
"We could always go with your mom's suggestion. I think 'Bono Mariano' has a nice ring to it," Jess says smirking.
"If you keep making dumb suggestions his name is going to be Oliver Gilmore and there won't be anything you can do about it," Rory replies trying to quickly escape the room with great difficulty due to her ever growing belly.
With ease, Jess jumps over the back of the couch to catch up with his wife. When he does, Rory is leaning against a chair with a shocked look on her face.
"Rory! What's wrong?"
"Well, I think we are going to need that name a sooner rather than later," she says.

Within the hour, Logan had arrived to look after Beth; Jess and Lorelai were checking Rory into the hospital.
"You did this to me!" Rory yells at Jess.
Lorelai leans over and whispers to Jess, "I'm glad you are here. Last time she had to direct all this anger at me."

What seemed like an eternity later (but was actually only a few hours), Rory and Jess were once again debating their son's name. This time while holding him in their arms.