Chapter 28

Rory, Beth, and Lorelei were sitting at a table in the dinner. The elder two, pouring over a hundred wedding ideas and the youngest patiently waiting for pancakes. Luke and Jess avoided the wedding talk by staying behind the counter and pretending to be busy.

"I shouldn't even be helping with this wedding. The sooner it happens the sooner you move away again." As expected, Lorelei didn't take the new of the move well and has been complaining about it every chance for the last three months. "And it's all your fault," she says to Jess when he brings their breakfast, "your the one taking my girls away."

"Yes, but I'm leaving you Luke."

"Not an even trade, but sneak me another cup of coffee and you'll be a little closer," she says handing him her mug.

"What about Grandma's house in Nantucket?" Rory asks.

"What about it?"

"For the wedding," Rory answers turning to Jess. "We could keep it just family and close friends. We'd have a place to stay and that way Taylor wouldn't have anything to do with it."

"I like that idea. And I'm wearing a suit not a tux," Jess adds.

"I'll make the dinner," Luke volunteers.

"No! Grandma has already said she'll take care of the food. Plus if you are going to be Jess' best man and walk with Beth down the isle, you don't need to worry about the food too."

Jess looks at Rory, Luke looks at Jess, and Rory looks confused. "I actually haven't asked him yet," Jess states. Turning to Luke, "Luke, would you be my best man?"

Speechless, Luke just hugs his nephew.

"I guess that settles it," Lorelai say. "Jess and Liz, followed by Luke and Beth and finally me and Rory. Simple, but perfect," she adds with a smile.

"Yeah perfect," Rory says.

And before she knew it, she was standing in a room at her grandmother's Nantucket home in a white dress about to marry the boy she meet when she was seventeen.