• Talk Me Down •

Please vote and comment.🦋

I held my dad's phone against my ear before calling Kelly's mom. She picked up and screamed with joy when she heard my voice.

"Oh my gosh! I will give the phone to Kelly right now. I'm so glad to hear that you're okay." She said excitedly.

"Thank you, Aunty," I said kindly.

"Nevaeh?" I heard Kelly's hopeful voice.

"It's me bitch." I said and we both laughed.

"I missed you so much. I thought you were dead." She said bluntly. "I'm coming over right now." She said and I smiled.

"Good. I kinda need you." I said slowly.

"At this point, I will do anything for you. I just got you back." She said and my eyes welled up with tears. Why am I so emotional?

"See you in fifteen minutes." She said before ending the call.

I laid on my bed before placing my hand on my stomach. I closed my eyes and blocked everything out.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door so I sat upright on my bed. Kelly came inside before smiling brightly.

"Oh!" She yelled before running over to jump onto me. I laughed as we hugged each other. "I missed you so much, pretty girl." She said and I smiled at her.

"I missed you too," I said before playing with my hair.

"What happened? Are you like okay?" Kelly asked, our accents matching.

"I got kidnapped." I said in a 'duh' tone. "And I'm fine now," I assured her.

"Well, that's awesome. I'm so glad you're okay. And alive." She said before smiling brightly.

Weirdo.

"Will you do me a favor?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"What is it?" She asked and I sighed.

"I need you to buy me a pregnancy test," I told her and her eyes widened.

"You're pregnant?" She asked in shock so I frowned at her.

"Not so loud. And I don't know if I'm pregnant. That's why I need the test. My parents won't let me out of the house since what happened." I said slowly.

"Who did you have sex with? Did you get raped? Oh my gosh, you poor thing." She said in panic.

"No Kelly. The sex was amazing and not forced at all. I had a choice." I told her and she gave me an 'oh' look.

"Who did you have sex with again? He must be really special since you made an oath that the person who took your flower would be your husband." Kelly said and I pursed my lips together.

"I honestly don't know how to feel about him right now. Let alone describe him." I told Kelly. I think he's perfect.

"Is he handsome?" She asked and I smiled.

"Very much," I said softly. "But it's wrong and shit," I said with a frown on my forehead.

"Sounds like someone has a severe case of Stockholm syndrome," Kelly said and my eyes widened.

"Maybe I do. He kinda became everything to me." I said in realization. " My best friend, lover, partner in crime. And we used to fight over the silliest things." I told Kelly who listened intently.

"It sounds like you care about him and vice versa why would you throw something so special away?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know Kells, all I know is that right now. I'm right where I'm supposed to be. Even if it means that I have to be away from him." I said before curling into a bundle on the bed.

"Well, I'm going to the store to buy that test for you. Or tests because we need to be sure." She said with a smile on her face. "I'll be with you every step of the way." She said before getting up from my bed.

"Thank you, Kelly," I said and she smiled softly.

"You're welcome." She said before leaving the room. I nervously let out a breath before closing my eyes. All I could see was images of Calix.

Calix Vasquez. The man that I loved and betrayed. The man that holds the most intimate parts of my body. The man who understands me better than anyone else. And the only man that can talk me down.

He is the man that I have to forget.