• The Crown Might Fall •

Please vote and comment.🔥

The next morning I sat at a table with Calix, Vicente, and Kelly in a restaurant in the city.

"So what are we doing here?" I asked tiredly.

"We want to negotiate," Vicente said before sharing a smile with Calix. I pushed my hair off my shoulder before calling a waiter over.

"And what makes you think that we want to negotiate with you?" I asked and Kelly nodded.

"Because we know you Nevaeh. You're always up for a challenge." Vicente continued.

The waiter came up to us and asked what we'd like to order.

"I'll take the chicken rice, the lozovi sarmi and yogurt, fried chicken and fries plus a strawberry milkshake made with real ice cream," I said and the waiter nodded when he was done writing my order down.

"What I'm hungry," I said when everyone at the table looked at me in shock.

"We weren't judging," Vicente said so I rolled my eyes at him.

I don't care I need to take care of my baby.

"I'd like to try the lozovi sarmi," Calix said and I looked up at him and he shot me a smile.

"Just bring me a Corona extra," Vicente said smoothly.

"I'm okay," Kelly said when the waiter looked at her.

"What's wrong, love? You don't want to eat in front of us?" Vicente asked Kelly and she smiled.

"No, I'm just not hungry." She said softly. She's anorexic. She has been since the beginning of last year.

"Bring some fries for the lady," Vicente said and I almost hit him behind the head. He just won't take no for an answer.

"Okay speak," I said and both Calix and Vicente smiled.

"We want you to come home. You can bring Kelly with you if you'd like." Vicente said slowly. "You'll be a free woman and you can decide if you want to stay with me or Calix," Vicente explained.

"You can continue your studies as well. Both of you." Calix said and my eyebrows shot up in surprise. "You can get anything you want. You just need to be home."

"So what do you want?" Vicente asked so I looked up at him and Calix.

"I want to eat my food in peace," I said when the waiter placed my food in front of me.

"Nevaeh it's not healthy for you to eat like this. Your health comes first. Has she taken her shot yet?" Calix asked Kelly who nodded and I sighed, maybe if he knew he would understand.

"I don't care right now," I said before placing a sarmi into my mouth.

"I think she needs some time to decide whether or not she'll take you up on your offer," Kelly said and both the men nodded.

"Sure," Vicente said while nodding his head. The waiter brought Calix's lozovi sarmi and Kelly's fries along with Vicente's beer.

Kelly didn't even look at her food and Vicente obviously picked it up. Oh gosh, you can cut the awkward tension in the room with a butter knife.

"Holy shit this is delicious," Calix said as he nibbled on his food. "What is this made of?" He asked so I shook my head at him.

"Well it's made of grape leaves and-"

"Wait what?" He asked and I laughed at him.

"You didn't let me finish, so as I was saying it's made out of grape leaves and-"

"No that's enough information." He said before pushing the plate away from him.

"Brother eat the food," Vicente said and Calix glared at him.

"Why don't you eat it?" Calix asked him and I laughed at them.

"Do you want me to eat it?" I asked and everyone at the table shook their heads at me. "Geez I was kidding," I said before looking over at Kelly.

"What?" She asked and I sighed.

"You're too quiet," I told her.

"Well if I start talking now I won't be able to stop. My therapist says it's good but I don't know. Whenever I open my mouth people look at me as if I'm crazy, like he's doing right now." She said while looking at Vicente. "I mean it's not my fault that I'm feeling weird this week. People body shame me as if I don't feel uncomfortable enough in my skin, when you're skinny you're too skinny and when you're fat you're too fat. So what the fuck do I have to be? Do I even look okay in this outfit? Like nobody knows. Kemal just broke up with me for no reason and you're the only person who doesn't think I'm weird or insane. But how could you, you've got your own shit going on like a romance novel and I don't like wanna ruin that so- I'm weird so I'm just gonna go." She said before getting up.

"Great job loser," I told Vicente before going after Kelly. Then I went back to hit him behind his head. Calix laughed at him and then I went after Kelly.

I found her crying in front of the mirror so I immediately went over to her to wrap my arms around her tiny body.

"Hey, it's okay," I said before holding her face in my hands. "You are okay. And what other people think doesn't matter, because we've got each other. Now keep your head up princess, the crown might fall." I told her and she smiled at me.

"You remember that cheesy line I used when Becca was being mean to you?" She asked and I nodded.

"How could I forget? That's the sweetest thing a five-year-old has ever told me plus it was also the day I met my best friend." I said before winking at her.

"Please don't tell anyone that I'm anorexic." She said softly.

"I won't, Kelly. I promise." I said before hugging her again. "However it doesn't mean that I won't pressure you into getting help because I only want what's best for you," I said and she nodded.

"Fair enough. I almost exposed you yesterday." She said and I nodded.

"I'll keep your secret if you keep mine," I said then we both giggled before looking in the mirror.

"God that sounded like something they would say in a cult," Kelly said and I laughed.

"No, they wouldn't. They'd say cut off your penis and ten other people's penises or else die." I said and Kelly bursted out into a fit of giggles.

"There's that smile," I said and she rolled her eyes at me before doing her make-up.

"I hate you." She said and I nodded.

"I know I hate you more," I said and she smiled.

"Oh shit, I think I'm gonna throw up," I said before running into a stall and going down on my knees.

"God I hate being pregnant!" I groaned out before I started vomiting.

"Chunky or smooth?" Kelly asked when I was done and I frowned at her.

"Chunky," I said before wiping my teary eyes dry and she pulled her face in disgust.

I flushed before going outside and splashing my face.

"You have to tell him, Nevaeh," Kelly said softly so I shook my head.

"No, I have a plan, Kelly. Don't you remember what we discussed yesterday?" I asked and she nodded.

"So when are we leaving?" She asked and I sighed.

"Tonight," I said and she nodded her head.

"Awesome it's not like our whole lives are here." She said and I glared at her through narrowed eyes. I know she's right but I have to put my child first.

A/N~ Thank you everyone for the votes and for adding this book to your libraries. Love you.❤️