10. The insult round

Of course, the minute after he dropped the 'You have no biological parents' bomb, the bastard disappeared, leaving me to stand there, blinking baffled at the information he just told me.

It had to be complete and utter bullshit, everyone had biological parents, including me. One did not simply materialize out of thin air to be left at a hospital's doorstep, or drop out of the sky. We weren't living in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, this was real life we were talking about. 

I let out an angry scream and yeeted a, what looked like a very expensive, chalice against the wall, shattering it in pieces. I stormed to the door where I took a left to walk around the courtyard to the war room, only to shove a very tall person against the shoulder before I got the chance, he let out a loud angry growl and continued to walk. I felt a weird warm sensation in my shoulder and I had read enough Wattpad to know what it meant, but I couldn't care less, I didn't have time for that shit. Moon Goddess, be damned. I immediately shut it all out, a perk of my weird abilities.

I continued but was stopped by Roman Kenward, who put his hand against my chest, just underneath my throat.

"What were you doing in the throne room?" He asked firmly.

Seriously, why was everyone up in my business? There were more important matters to worry about. 

I pursed my lips. "Why do you care? Last time I checked this is not your palace, but if you must know, I was talking to someone." 

Anger, tiredness and frustration were my best friends at the moment, I was so completely done with everyone and their stupid shit, their bad lies and even worse attempts to look more intimidating than the other that I gave up trying to control myself and being kind.

"Really? I couldn't hear any sound coming from there. Who where you talking to?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Myself." I removed his hand from my body with a dramatic disgusted look on my face and leaned against the wall, eyeing him up and down. "Aren't you supposed to have super hearing and all that?"

Powerful werewolves, my ass.

A scowl appeared on his face. "I have super hearing. I'm able to hear almost everything in this entire castle, except for you whenever you're out of normal hearing range."

"Looks like that's not really my problem now, is it?" I tapped his shoulder and walked away past the other men who were perplexed. The four of them took the other hallway across the courtyard to get to the war room, staring at me through the glass walls the entire time.

More chairs were added to the room, eight more to be exact. Not all of them were placed around the table because it was too small, so the one and two star generals had to sit on the sidelines along with both warriors from the vampires and werewolves. The human king's twelfth chair was left empty once again and I sat in my lovely corner.

I didn't have to tap into my senses to feel the anger and frustration in the room, it only added to my own and I was sure steam would be blowing out of my ears right now if it could. It was only a matter of time before I would explode when some idiotic remark was made. I tried to focus on anything else I could find in the room, to at the very least distract myself for a minute.

Then I sensed it, the feeling of love and tenderness, the puppylove kind you got when you were head of heals in love and it was coming from not one, but two people. I slowly turned my head to the left, where I noticed two young warriors sitting next to it each other, doing their best to hide their happiness and love for one another. Beren and Liam, Werewolf and Vampire, forbidden love that somehow flourished despite the deepened hate trying to burn it down.