Chapter 4- Privacy

Jungkook leads me across the parking lot to his car. It's so fancy. Fancier than my half-broken-down thing but also even fancier than Brandon's new car. I've never seen so many buttons and screens on a car dash before.

He surprises me by going over and opening the door for me before I even have a chance. Guess chivalry isn't dead for everyone out there. Honestly, the last man to open a door for me was my grandfather, and it's been over 10 years since he died. He winks at me as I get in, which makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I've told him I'm married.

When he gets in on his side, he starts the car and turns on some music, tapping his hands on the steering wheel to the beat as he sings along. His voice is honestly beautiful, so clear and bright. I could listen to it all day. It confuses me, though, because just moments ago, he was shaking and begging me to believe him. He was on the verge of tears. Now, all of a sudden, he's in the best mood and jamming to the radio. Is this some wolf thing that I don't get? How can his moods bounce around like that?

As for me, I'm still a little shaken. I'm honestly glad he has the radio on and isn't trying to make conversation with me. I'm not ready to talk yet. I'm too busy trying to collect myself somewhat. This is all so outside of my normal reality. I'm questioning everything now, but I don't want to come across as scared or weak to him. I don't know why that matters, really, but the mind doesn't necessarily think logically when facing the supernatural.

I'm not exactly sure where he's taking me now, and I don't care to ask. That's probably foolish of me, trusting him like this, but at this point, if he wanted to hurt me, he could have. He feels safe to me. I really don't think he intends to harm me at all.

We pull up to a park that I've never been to before. The restaurant is a little way off from where I live and work, so I'm not totally familiar with the area. He stops the car and gets out, with me doing the same. He frowns at me slightly when he gets to my side of the car but doesn't say anything as he takes my hand and walks us into the park, toward a small walking trail off to the side.

Yep, I'm definitely going to end up on Dateline.

"Don't worry," he says. "I'm just taking you to a stream that runs through here. It's quiet, and most people don't go out that way. I just want a little privacy."

I look up at him doubtfully but keep walking nonetheless.

He turns off the path we're walking down to lead me through some trees. It's not really a thick forest or anything back here, but it does make me nervous that we won't find our way back. Before I have too much time to get anxious about it, though, I see exactly the spot he's planning to take me, and it's absolutely beautiful.

There's a small stream with relatively calm water moving through it. There are a lot of rocks throughout to walk on and on the sides as well. Several trees line up right up by the water and shade it, making it a perfect place to rest without getting overheated.

I notice some ducks swimming by the water bank, and it reminds me of when I was a kid, feeding bread to ducks with my mom. The spot is incredibly peaceful. I'll give him that.

"This place, it's so beautiful. I didn't even know this park existed." I told him.

"You didn't? Do you not live here?" he looked over as he asked me.

"No," I told him. "I live about 30 minutes away, in Forest Grove."

He leads me over to a large rock by the water and sits down first, patting the space next to him for me to sit. We don't talk for a little while; we just stare out over the water in silence. It's not an awkward silence. In fact, it's incredibly comfortable to just sit out here with him. It's almost like he can tell I need a little time to process what's going on, and he gives me exactly that.