Chapter 10- Surprises

Jungkook’s POV

I’m lying in my bed, just daydreaming about her. Everything about her is perfect for me. She takes her coffee the same way I do. She enjoys the same foods. She has a passion for music like I do. She’s just fallen away from it a little bit.

I hope she can find her way back; I know she misses it. I can see it in her eyes when she talks about it.

I learned a lot about her today while driving around her hometown. She talked a lot about her family. She told me about how she loves to read, cook, and sing. For someone who started out pushing me away at every turn, I really think she’s starting to open up to me. Then again, it’s supposed to be that easy. If we had met years ago, this could have all been different. Even as a human who couldn’t feel the wolf bond as strongly as I could, she would have been attracted, and we would have instantly clicked.

We would suit each other perfectly. We would always enjoy each other’s company, and her falling for me would be the easiest choice she ever made. When a wolf is your mate, it’s hard to look past the devotion, not to mention the fact that everything about you is made to be compatible with the other.

I can see how quickly things would have fallen into place if it weren’t for that one roadblock: her husband.

I just have to figure out a way to get her to leave him.

I don’t really know what she sees in him at this point. It hurts that she turns me away for someone who ignores her, leaves her to herself, and doesn’t cherish her like he should.

From what I’ve overheard, he’s petulant and doesn’t consider her needs or desires in anything he does.

My hope is that once she really gets to know me, she’ll come to care for me. Once she cares for me, maybe she will come to terms with the fact that I’m a better match for her. I hate the pain and confusion I sometimes see in her eyes, but once she leaves him, I’m sure I can make her happier.

I can at least look forward to her loyalty. If she is this committed and loyal to a man who doesn’t deserve her, she’ll be even more so once she’s officially mated to me.

I hate leaving her alone there with him, but I can also tell she doesn’t really like that I listened in on her conversation with him before. The closer we become, the more I can start to feel her emotions through the mate bond. It’s not as strong as it will be once we do the mating ritual, but when I’m near her, I can get a gist of how she’s feeling.

When she was with me during the day, she was happy. She felt free. When we got back to her place, she felt guilty, scared, and lonely. I feel conflicted in a way because I hate having her feel anything negative. I want my mate to always feel happy, loved, and cared for. That being said, I want her to feel that way with ME. A part of me is glad that she isn’t happy at home with her husband. If they made a perfectly happy family, it would be harder to convince her to leave him.

Now that I know more about her, I have a few more plans to get into place. She doesn’t know what my plans are yet, but she will soon enough.

***

Lila’s POV

5 am comes entirely too early. Brandon’s alarm goes off as it always does, and I get up to get his coffee made and lunch packed while he snoozes for another 10 or so minutes. It’s the same routine every day. Since it’s Monday and I have to go to work later this morning as well, I go to brush my teeth, wash my face, and brush out my hair while Bran is getting himself ready to go.

At the door, I wish him a safe drive like I always do, and he leaves for another day.

I don’t actually have to be up as early as Brandon in the mornings. I could easily sleep until about 6 or even 6:15, but once I get all of his stuff together and he leaves, it feels pointless to try and go back to sleep. I would inevitably take too long to wind back down, and my alarm would go off as soon as I actually fell asleep.