Chapter 23- Storms

For a couple of hours, the guys and I just sit around and talk. I learn a bit about all of them, and honestly, it’s refreshing to get out and talk to people. I didn’t realize how much I had missed that. These guys all feel very comfortable to be around, and their interactions with JK are priceless.

I learn a lot just by observing. I learn how competitive JK is. It seems like he wants to be the best at everything, which, to be honest, I think he’s succeeding at. I’ve never known someone as versatile as he is. I also learn, though, that his kind-hearted nature isn’t just with me because of our mate bond. While we all sit around and talk, he orders food for everyone, making sure to get some for his absent older brother, and he also helps Taehyung find his missing slipper without ever being asked. He just does things to be sweet because that’s who he is.

Jin is precious. He does everything in his power to make sure I’m comfortable. Sometimes I think he even acts purposefully silly just to get the attention off of me and make me feel more at ease. His ears turn red every time he does it, which is what makes me think he’s doing it on my behalf, but I think it’s adorable either way.

Yoongi doesn’t talk a lot, but when he does, it’s either hilariously sarcastic or incredibly insightful. He amuses me the most, I think. I always look forward to what he’ll say next. I’m really interested in his work, though. I have a degree in music and performed for years, but his side of things is completely foreign to me. I feel like he could teach me a lot.

Hobi is a joy to be around. He teases me relentlessly any time I touch JK, but he’s also the one who entertains us the most. He’ll get up and dance randomly without any music or anything. He also makes these funny little noises to fill the silence. I can’t really describe them, but I just call them Hobi’s Silly Sounds in my head.

Jimin is a flirt. Like a HUGE flirt. I think he’s just doing it to try and get a rise out of JK, and boy, does it work. Jungkook keeps pulling me closer to him, and in turn, I’ll try and inch my way back over to Jimin just to see if he’d notice. It’s hilarious, and I think Jimin was right... we will definitely end up as best friends. I could easily see us being partners in crime.

Taehyung alternates between being quiet and thoughtful and being loud and silly. I tell him he has RBF, and when he finds out that it means “resting bitch face,” he immediately puts on a show of faking tears like he’s heartbroken. When one tear actually comes out, I very nearly apologize because he looks so sad and pitiful, just to have Jimin call him on his theatrical nature. I should take him to the theatre with me sometime. I think he’d actually enjoy it. Needless to say, just a minute later, he’s looking around, sporting an innocent expression without a care in the world.

After dinner, a man walks into the room with a serious expression, jaw jutting out and clenching as he puts his keys away. When he turns toward us and his eyes land on me, his face immediately shifts to one of kindness. He has sharp eyes, and when he smiles, I notice the prettiest dimples I’ve ever seen on a man. He instantly makes his way over to me, so I stand to greet him, JK automatically following.

“I’m Namjoon. It’s so nice to finally meet you, Lila,” he says with such confidence. He’s so much taller than me that I would normally feel a little daunted, but he gives off such a calming energy that he seems more like a giant teddy bear.

I shake his hand and smile at him. Just like all the other guys, he puts me right at ease. “I’m sorry to be short, but would you mind if I stole Jungkook away for just a minute?”

Jungkook immediately looks over at Jimin, shaking his head. Jimin jumps up at winks at me, throwing his arm across my shoulder and bringing me close. “Go ahead, Jungkookie. I’ll take care of your girl here!” JK looks hilariously unsettled, but Namjoon pulls him into the next room anyway. I guess it’s just the boys and me.