Chapter 35- Idyllic

A month later...

“Here’s the file you asked for, Yoongs,” I say, passing the thumb drive over to Yoongi and sitting at my desk in the corner of his office. I left my job at the bank shortly after the kidnapping, and Yoongi was kind enough to offer me a position as his assistant. The drive to and from the bank was too much, and honestly, working in music again is bringing me a lot of joy. This might not be the music I have experience in, but it turns out my music theory knowledge still has at least SOME use at his production company.

“Hey, come listen to this. I want to know what you think,” he says, and I walk over, taking the headphones from him and rolling a chair over to sit on.

The song starts slow and sweet, and as it reaches the chorus, I recognize the melody. “Hey! I know this!”

I listen as the song plays on, rocking softly as it plays, a smile on my face. My eyes are a little misty when I take the headphones off with a smile.

“I take it you like it then?” Yoongi says with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

I nod and grin back at him. “JK used to hum that to me to get me to fall asleep...”

“Makes sense. He wrote it.”

I look up at him, impressed, and chuckle a little. The final product is amazing. I had only ever heard him hum the melody. I shouldn’t be surprised that it came out so well. Anything JK touches is golden. Might as well call him Midas.

“He started it before he met you but was stuck. Couldn’t get the melody in the chorus right. The lyrics were different for one of the verses... Then you came into the picture, and he suddenly didn’t need my advice on it anymore. It just came together. Gotta say, if a mate gives you this kind of inspiration, then I can’t wait to find mine.”

I blush a little, touched that I could be considered an inspiration to JK. I swear, that man never ceases to make me feel like a schoolgirl again.

“Alright, go on. I’m done with you for the day,” he dismisses me. “You have rehearsal tonight?” he asks.

“Yep. JK should be there for this one. We’re doing a fun run, so I think he’ll get a kick out of it.”

“A fun run?”

“Oh, it’s a full run of the show, except we put our own twists on it. Silly costumes, weird voices, gender swaps, that kind of thing. It’s more of a way to bond as a cast than anything else. It’ll be a fun night.”

“See if he can record that for me,” he laughs warmly, imagining it. I shoot him a thumbs up as I walk out the door to head home. Yoongi’s studio isn’t too far from the estate. It’s significantly better than the hour I had to drive before. Before I know it, I’m pulling in and being greeted by my boyfriend at the front door.

“Hey babe,” I tell him as he hugs me, squeezing me a little harder than necessary. “So, Yoongi showed me your song today...” I tell him, looking up to see a soft blush spread across his cheeks and ears. He’s usually the one flustering me, so I love any chance to tease him in return.

“Ah, he did?” his voice squeaks out a little higher than normal.

“Yep! Told me I was your inspiration.” I flutter my eyelashes at him playfully, giggling with joy at his discomfort. “I loved it,” I put him out of his misery. I lean up to press a quick kiss to his cheek as I walk past him, going to change.

“So, how was work today?” he asks as he sits on the bed, watching me pick out an outfit for rehearsal tonight.

“Really good. I learned a lot. Yoongs is a great teacher. How was your day? Busy?”