Chapter 11- Too Close

The next morning, as I go to send off my husband to work, I'm in a particularly good mood, knowing that Jungkook will surely be coming by just as soon as Brandon leaves.

As I walk him to the door and hand him his lunch and coffee that I made, I smile brightly at him as I give him a small peck on the cheek.

"Have a good day! Drive safely!"

"Well, don't you seem chipper this morning..." he laughs a little as he hugs me goodbye. I feel a little guilty because that's probably the nicest he's been to me in months. I try and brush off the guilt. Jungkook is just a friend anyway. I won't let it go any further than that. "Bye, babe. I'll be back late tonight, probably around 8. Don't worry about saving me dinner. I'll be at Jack's."

"Okay, I'll just grab something on the way home, then. Have fun."

I'm not as disappointed as I usually am when he does this, mostly because I have a strong feeling I won't actually be alone. Knowing Jungkook, he's probably hearing all of this.

I close the door for him and don't even bother locking the door or leaving the room. Just as I expected, within a minute, I hear a knock on the door before Jungkook lets himself in.

"Getting comfortable, aren't you? Just walking in like you own the place..."

"Aw, come on, love, I can tell you're not really mad."

"And how can you tell that?" I question him with one eyebrow raised and a hand on my hip.

He grabbed my hand and drug me back to the couch to sit with him, close again, like yesterday. "Mate bond, remember? It's getting stronger every day."

"What exactly is a mate bond? I know you've said that before but what do you mean?"

"Well, as a human, it's a little different for you. As a wolf, of course, I can sense that you are my mate, and I feel that pull toward you. As we spend more time together, though, I start to feel your emotions more. Really, it's only when we're nearby now, but sometimes when I'm home I get an inkling of something, and I think it's you."

"So, you can, uh, feel whatever it is I'm feeling?" Not good, not good, not good.

"Not everything, only when you're feeling it strongly. That will change with time, though. Once we're fully mated, we'll both be able to feel everything and even communicate without having to talk. That's how close mates are at that point. They're basically one unit."

"Wow, uh, I didn't know that."

"Just like how I can tell you're embarrassed now. You're feeling that VERY strongly. Why is that love? Feeling things you're embarrassed about?" He leans in closer to me as he talks, his breath fanning my face.

"N-No..." I stutter out and curse myself silently for tripping over my words already.

"No?" he repeats, while lightly playing with the hair that's over my shoulder. Chills go up my spine a little at his voice. It's soft and teasing. He knows damn well what he's doing. "And you're not embarrassed by how fast your heart's beating right now?" He smirks at me, looking between my eyes and lips. I know that look, but I find myself freezing in place. It's a gravitational pull I can't escape from.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," I tell him, entranced by his eyes. I look down at his lips, and he looks down at mine. They're the softest-looking lips I've ever seen. The bottom lip is just a little plumper than the top, and he has an adorable freckle just below.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, love." He leans in just a little more and chuckles when I gasp ever so slightly. "You know, Lila, I'm yours for the taking. If you want me to kiss you, all you have to do is ask..." he almost whispers the last part of his sentence, and his eyes get just a little heavier in anticipation of what's to come.