Chapter 19: It Was Going To Be One Heck Of A Day

Hey guys new chapter! Enjoy x.

Shane's POV

 I checked my phone on the night stand beside me. It was midnight.

 I was finding it difficult to sleep. Thoughts of Kayla, the look in her eyes, the hurt in her voice... I know I've always thought of myself as a douche when I was with her but I think I crossed a line this time. I don't even know why I said what I did. It was like I couldn't control myself or my mouth or my thoughts when I was around her. And this scared me. Why couldn't I control myself?

 My thoughts bounced between Kayla and Ron. I can't believe I was ready to punch Ron square in the face. He has always been such an amazing friend to me and Kayla probably deserves someone as caring and thoughtful as him. Compared to me, he would be the better option but he was her cousin so that would be kind of weird. I was disgusted with myself for hating the idea of Ron and Kayla being something more than cousins. Who was I to not wish the best for Ron when that was all he ever did for me?

            And his promise of backing off made me feel bittersweet. I shouldn't be this happy that Kayla had one less guy after her. And I felt bad that he seemed heartbroken although he refused to show it. But as difficult as it was, I knew that he was right. Him backing off would be the best for himself.

            You like her.

 Ron's words kept repeating in my head involuntarily when I couldn't answer the questions swarming in my head. I ignored my conscience as I tried going to sleep.  Eventually I did but at the back of my head, I knew one heck of a day was awaiting me with a pissed Kay Bear.

Kayla's POV

            I wasn't lying when I told the idiot to tell anyone who asked that I was Skyping my friends. When I went into my room, I was fuming. Did he think of me as some freaking slut to even mention anything about having friends for benefits? I angrily unpacked my dinner and started eating the still hot food. The deliciousness of the meal helped to put out some of the anger, which I was grateful for because I hated being angry. But this time Shane had crossed a line. He can't just continue going around judging and assuming the worst of everyone. First, it was Adam, then Dylan became the second victim and now, I was the third.

            I was going to teach him a lesson about judging people too quickly. I couldn't forgive him easily. I had to harden myself against his ability to make me forgive him that he probably did not even know he possessed. Who knows how mushy my brain would turn if he pulls a puppy dog face? I wouldn't give in easily this time.

            To take my mind off things, I pulled my laptop to my lap and switched it on before opening my Skype. I saw that Nash was online so I called him. I checked the time and it was nearly 8pm so that meant that it was around 3pm in New Orleans.

Nash: Hey, there Kay Kay.

 I scrunched my nose up at the use of that horrid nickname but I could feel a smile tugging at the ends of my lips at the familiarity of it.

Me: Nashie! Where's Lisa?

 Now it was his turn to scrunch his nose at my stupid nickname for him. I thought it was cute.

Nash: She's over at her own house for a while because her parents asked her to come back for a while as they are having guests over but she should be back here at about 8 or so.

Me: Oh I see...

Nash: Hey, is everything fine?

Me: Yeah, why wouldn't it be? Today was really fun. I'll probably send you the pictures that I love of today or something.