Chapter 31: You're Amazing

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the delay but here's the new chapter so enjoy x!

Kayla's POV

"Two tickets to the London Dungeon please!" I said, once it was Shane and my turn to get our tickets at the counter.

"We've got a special package for couples for this week. It provides a discount on the tickets. Would you and your partner like to buy your tickets under that package, love?"

"Oh, urm...you see...we're not actu-"

"We'd love to. Wouldn't we, sweetheart?" Shane stared right at me with a 'play-along-with-me' look paired with a victorious smirk on his lips when I playfully narrowed my eyes at him. Usually, I would atleast rebut and argue with him on this but for some reason, I couldn't find the will in me to do that. Maybe it was the way he was looking at me in that way – in the way where he seems so innocent yet he looks like he's hiding something from me, something that amuses him.

And maybe a small part of me just wanted to play along.

"Yes, of course." I turned my head back to the man at the counter and gave him a warm smile as I felt an arm sneak its way around my waist. I pivoted my gaze back to Shane, raising a questioning brow at him, as the man went to process our tickets.

All I got as a reply was a shrug and a smirk. And yes, it did earn him a roll of the eyes from me. I felt his fingers tighten slightly around my waist before they relaxed again.

Why in the world did something like that cause my heart to think that it needed to beat faster?

I dug my hand into the front pocket of my jeans when I saw that our tickets were almost ready because I knew that I had left some notes there that would cover the cost of our tickets. I smiled when I felt the sharp edges of the notes brush against my fingers. I pulled out the notes with a small smile on my lips, only for the smile to turn into a frown when I looked up.

"Thanks for the tickets." Shane smiled as he pulled me along with him to where ever we were supposed to go to.

"Atleast let me pay you back half the cost that you paid." I insisted, pouting a little in hopes that he would give in. Hey, the tickets weren't exactly cheap.

"As adorable as you look doing that, no way sweetheart." He smiled a victorious smile as he flicked my nose while I was trying my best to keep my face impassive. But my brain couldn't help replaying what he said.

Adorable.

He called me adorable.

Shit, I could feel a blush rising on my cheeks.

I rolled my eyes again, acting as if his words did not affect me one bit.

Keep cool, Kay. Keep cool. All he did was call you adorable and you're already reacting like this. Think random thoughts, ones that don't make you blush.

But my stupid brain wasn't in a mood to cooperate with me today as an image of Shane's smile as he called me adorable flashed past me.

This is pathetic. I mentally face palmed myself.

~~~

Shane's POV

"OH MY GOD, YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN YOUR FACE!"

Kayla was now, clutching on to her sides, laughing her guts out at...yours truly.

It was ridiculous. I wasn't even scared. Who wouldn't react when someone creeps up on you in a dark room filled with fake corpses, that smells like death and then scream in your ear?