Chapter 8: He Should Just Laugh More

Hey new chapter is up my peeps! Enjoy x.

        The moment I got into the hotel room, I placed the luggages aside and called dibs on which bed was mine. I understand that the person sharing the room with me was my mom so technically I did not have to call dips because I'm pretty sure she does not care about which bed I take. But I like calling dibs so deal with it.

        I jumped onto the bed and felt the coolness of the sheets below me. I let out a sigh of content. Finally, the hours of flights and stupid Shane (also known as the idiot) were taking a toll on me. I don't even know why I'm wasting any brain space thinking about him. I blew the hair that fell on my face when I jumped on the bed and decided to check out the bathroom.

        But before doing that, I went to check where my roomie was. I found her in the room beside ours which was Aunt Lila and Nina's room. She was chatting with them and looking at their room.

        I proceeded back to our room and headed straight to the bathroom. As I entered the bathroom, I looked to my left and found a beautiful marble counter with a big mirror on the wall above the counter. There were several round yellow lights dotting the perimeter of the mirror.

        Oh my, it's so pretty.

        It looked like one of those mirrors you would see in the dressing room in a movie. I looked at the counter and noticed that the hotel provided many things. There was toothpaste, toothbrush, cotton swabs, a sewing kit, shower caps, q-tips, soap, shower gel and conditioner. There was even a hair dryer with a cord attached to the wall.

        Well, I guess my mom really worried for nothing. I bet that half of the things that she brought were already provided for.

        I looked away from the counter towards the shower area. There was a rack of towels and a glass door separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Woah, if someone walks in while I'm showering, I think I would scream at the top of my lungs. I made a mental note to make sure that that never happened.

        My mom entered the room and told me that she and the other moms were just going to snack on the instant noodles we brought for dinner because they were too exhausted to find a restaurant to eat and the room service for food was kind of expensive.

        "But if you want to eat out, I'm sure Ron would gladly go with you honey and maybe Shane and Veronica can go too. Then maybe you'll be able to get closer to them." Oh, my mom was so naïve. She thought that I could be friends with Shane and Veronica.

        That's cute.

        I would've laughed if it wasn't for the fact that my mom was standing right before me.

        "Nah I think we'll just eat the instant noodles too. You should know that I got my laziness from you." I said with a lopsided grin.

        My mom narrowed her eyes at me but she couldn't hide the smile that showed on her face. "Yeah and my beauty too." She said with a satisfied smirk.

        "Mom seriously, how are you so modest? Tell me your secret. It's actually amazing!" I responded with sarcasm dripping from every syllable like maple syrup on pancakes.

        She gave me a cheesy grin as she flicked her hair over her shoulder. Yeah, she definitely passed that down to me. She could act like a teenager sometimes and it was weirdly entertaining and not to mention, funny.