Chapter 8: Missing Bride

The white light flashed briefly within the TARDIS control room right next to the console. Wanda stumbled somewhat as she bumped into the console itself. Gazing around, she saw the Doctor standing with his back facing her and Donna in her wedding gown, glaring with rage at the Time Lord.

"I demand you tell me right now-where am I?!" Donna shouted at the Doctor.

Wanda snickered behind the Doctor's back, loving the ginger woman's spunk. Oh, she missed Donna so much. It had been quite a while since Wanda had last seen her. She would give the woman a big hug, but at the current moment that would be a bad thing. Donna was currently not a happy camper. Especially, in being dragged away from her wedding. Wanda knew she would be just as upset if she were pulled away from her own wedding. Which she almost had been, but luckily the vows had been rather quick. It turned out Eleven and her were both rather impatient people.

Wanda smiled warmly at this thought, feeling content with the warmth of love spread through her as she absently felt the hidden ring on her TARDIS key necklace under her green tunic. The best place for her ring, really. She would most likely lose it if she wore it on her ring finger. As well as it would draw too much attention from both past Doctors and companions if she did, in fact, wear it outwardly. Besides, it made her happy in knowing the symbol of the bond between her and the Doctor were close to her hearts.

The Doctor and Donna heard this snicker, drawing their attention to the Time Lady. The Doctor turned around, blinking in surprise to see Wanda standing right there. She smiled at them both, waving brightly.

"Hello. Don't mind me," Wanda said. "Please, continue on."

"Wanda?" the Doctor breathed, looking at the Time Lady as if he could not believe her presence there. Or, perhaps, rather not believe how cheerful her demeanour was.

"Yes?" Wanda responded curiously, wondering why he kept staring at her as if anticipating something to happen to her, or even waiting for her to suddenly breakdown.

"Are you-," he began to ask.

"Oi, don't just pretend I'm not here! I want answers, now!" Donna shouted angrily. "Where am I?!" The Doctor turned his attention back on the bride.

"Inside the TARDIS," he said in an unsure tone. Donna blinked, raising a brow as if wondering if she had heard the man correctly.

"The what?" she questioned.

"The TARDIS," the Doctor repeated.

"The what?" Donna asked again, trying to make certain what she was indeed hearing him correctly. But every time he said this certain word, it seemed unbelievable to her. So foreign to her ears.

"The TARDIS," Wanda told the woman. "T-A-R-D-I-S, TARDIS. She's called the TARDIS, though she does like another name. However, I can't actually tell you that at the moment because I know that you don't know until later. So, really, that other name is spoilers for now." Wanda rocked on her feet, smiling away at the extremely confused look on Donna. The woman might have been baffled from all that Wanda had said, or most likely from how speedily it was spoken.

"The what?" Donna asked again, this time mostly because she felt the situation to be so bizarre.

"TARDIS," Wanda and the Doctor spoke together. The Doctor walked over to the console, beginning to mess with some controls, starting a scan on the newly arrived woman in the ship.

"That's not even a proper word!" Donna yelled, growing angry with the two seeming to be making up words and messing with her.

"Actually, TARDIS is a proper word. What's not a proper word is Erleefreta, which means in the language of the-," Wanda began to ramble.