Chapter 3

'What... why can you do that?' Was the appropriate response to Cub's action from Cleo. Cub stared down at where Ren had just gone in silence, only letting out a small disbelieving laugh.

'I don't know, and I don't want to do it again.' replied Cub, taking the more sloped way down the hill, just to the right. Still unsure, Cleo followed. 

The door into the house was the opposite side to the cliff and, no, there was no sight of Ren there. But another person did appear. 

They looked like a mix between a human, robot and the exploding creatures, with a lab coat, jeans, crocs, and not much else. As well as this, they were taller than both Cub and Cleo, adding to their terror. They held a stone sword, but didn't seem angry at either of them.

'Hallo? Wer sind sie?'

The pair blinked at the foreign language. 

'I am Cub. This is Cleo. We...'

'...just sent the only other person we me met to another dimension.' Cleo finished unhelpfully. The confused house builder frowned. 

'Was? Sprechen sie Deutsch?'

'No.' Came the confident reply from Cub, though he had no idea what the stranger had just said. 

'I habe alles vergessen... sollte ich weiss sie?' 

'We no speak gobbledygook.' Cleo stepped ahead of Cub. 'Do you speak our language?'

'Ich weisse nicht.' 

'Uhh... arm... metal... talking... thing?' Cub pointed at his communicator. The stranger looked down at his already metal arm, frowning. There was a screen on there the same as Cub and Cleo's communicator screen. The stranger turned it on. 

'Was ist los?' 

'Talk... to... other people?'

DocM77: HALLO SPRECHEN DEUTCHE?

'Ich... bin... DocM?' Doc figured. 

'You are Doc.' Cub agreed. 'Ok... and you... sie... understand me nicht?'

'Ich spreche kein Englisch.'

Falsesymmetry: NEW HUMAN!

Grian: hello, weird human!

ImpulseSV: what did you just put in chat? It's not English?

'I... don't know?' Doc spoke slowly. 

'Oh, finally. A language I actually understand.'

'Entschulidung.'

'We're looking for people in chat?' 

'Yes. I kann hilfe.'

DocM77: HALLO, IST SIE 'PEOPLE IN CHAT'?

Iskall85: Jag är svensk!

'Ohhh no, more weird languages...' Sighed Cleo. 

'I am not hilfreich?' Doc interrupted. 

'Doc, Cleo is being Cleo.'

'Kann Cleo nicht Cleo bin?'

'Cleo is a bin. Wow. Thanks for that.' Cleo snapped back. 

'I think he said you weren't a bin.' Cub replied. 

'Doc, am I a bin?'

'Sie bin wer sie bin.'

'I don't know what you're saying. Cub, come on. Let's find someone else. Someone who can actually help...' Leaving Cub and Doc , Cleo trudged off, into the forest.