Ch 5 - A shocking enemy

Ignore the fact that I put False with the other group for a bit in the last chapter. I changed it now. False isn't with them. 

The fortress was going well.

They'd been building it since they woke up a few nights ago, and it looked good. Nothing could get in. 

But people still tried.

'Doc! There's another person outside!' Came a yell. The person named Doc ran over towards the noise, out on the main lookout. 

There me met a person with brown hair and glasses, plus a blue top with an @ symbol on. 

'Where are they? What are they doing? 

Doc looked frantically down, seeing a blue form below, walking nervously towards their shelter. 

'Shoot them. I'll go down and catch them properly.' 

Doc ran off again, down some stairs and into a room below. There, just in the doorway, he saw another person, slumped over and snoring away peacefully. They had a white hoodie and black jeans, plus brown hair. 

'Bdubs! Wake up!' Doc called angrily. The person sat up suddenly, bleary eyed. 

'Wha... what is it?'

'There's someone attacking us! Stand up and defend us!'

Bdubs scrambled to his feet, grabbing a sword. Doc nodded and left the building, taking his own trident from his inventory. 

It didn't take long to capture their singular invader, and he was quickly dragged into their base. They weren't exactly normal, since they were entirely made of blue slime. But Doc wasn't either. He was half creeper, half metal, half German! Even he'd freaked when he first saw his reflection. 

'Sit.' Doc commanded. The slime-person obeyed, knowing there was no other choice. 'Who are you, what do you want?'

'I... I'm Jevin...' He answered, quivering. Doc noticed a communicator thing on Jevin's arm and pulled it off. 

'What is this?' 

'Stop! Please! My friends will worry!' 

'You have others coming? And you are communicating on this thing?'

'Yes. Please, can you give it back?'

'No.'

Doc threw the communicator over to Bdubs, who frantically caught it, surprised. 

'M... my friends will stop you.' Jevin continued bravely. 'They'll know something is wrong and attack. If you let me go...' 

'Bdubs, put him with the rest of them.'

The clearly tired man walked over to Jevin, carrying him to a wall. He pressed a button and the wall disappeared. The slime didn't)t have much time to be surprised before he was pushed into a room and the wall slid back into place. 

'They caught you too, huh?' Came a despondent voice. Jevin looked around. The room was lit, and there was another couple of people in there. 

One was a girl with long blonde hair and steampunk goggles, plus a green jacket and boots. The other was a person with a long black fringe and black clothes. 

'Yeah... who are you?'

'I'm Hypno, and this is False.' The black-everything person explained. Jevin nodded, sitting down. 

'I was curious and just came over. No chance of escape.' False huffed. 'These lot are too good.' 

'They took my communicator so I can't call for help.' Jevin sighed back. 'Or warn the others.' 

'That's what the metal thing is...' Hypno sounded intregued. 'Also, did you know I can mind read?'

'Can you? I can make little slimes that bounce around and make everything messy.'

'How very helpful.' False replied drily. 'Will that help us get out?'

'No.' 

'You never told us your name. You are...'

'Jevin.'

'Hello, Jevin. Welcome to the rest of your life.' 

Tango and Impulse soon reached the giant fortress in the distance. It was huge, at least 20 blocks across and ten or so up. 

I'm scared. Impulse told Tango mentally. We'll stick together, right?

Of course. I'm scared too.

Someone at the top started shooting at them. Impulse ran impulsively forward, and Tango followed behind. Another person ran out of the entrance, and they didn't look very friendly. They held a strange blue stick thing that Tango and Impulse reckoned was the pointy thing Cleo described to them. 

They almost ran into the pair, chucking the weapon at them. It barely missed Impulse. Tango retaliated, his hands beginning to glow an amber colour. Impulse ran blindly on.

Wait! Tango yelled in his mind.

PANIC! Impulse continued running WHERE'S THE EMERGENCY MEETING BUTTON?!

Suddenly, he felt a ghost-pain in his arm, and turned back. Tango was stuck in a headlock, looking very nervously up at Doc.

Help me?

'Don't hurt him!' Impulse yelled furiously. His hands crackled with lightning, and he looked at them, mildly surprised. He let the energy go and it burst around him in an aura of electricity, black and yellow. Even Doc looked terrified, letting go of Tango. 

Run! 

I'm not leaving you! 

I'm fine. Just a bit... shocked.

I'm so glad that was only in our minds. Those kinds of 'jokes' are not allowed out in the world

'Give me back our friend, and we will leave you alone!' Impulse ordered. Doc didn't move.

'I don't want to! How do you have magic?'

'I don't know, just woke up with it.'

Run! Now! He's distracted! 

No way! I'm watching the chaos! 

Fine... 

'What you gonna do, lightning boy? Can't control your sparks can you?' 

Impulse shot a warning bolt at Doc, but it reacted slightly more than expected. The half-creeper began to glow a bluish colour, as did his eyes. His blue weapon sparked with electricity. Impulse stepped back. 

Ok. Run now. 

This is getting fun! 

What's going on? Came a third voice, Zedaph. Cleo's freaking out, and Xisuma's still telling everyone to stay calm. 

Screw Xisuma!  I'm watching a huge electric light show! 

Aww... I'm missing it. 

JUST RUN! SOMETHING BAD IS DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN! GET AWAY! I'LL KEEP DOC BUSY WHILE YOU RUN!

I'M NOT LEAVING YOU, IMPULSE! I REFUSE!

Suddenly, the lightning around Impulse disappeared, like it was never there. He looked around for a moment, before falling over, unconscious.

'IMPULSE!' Tango yelled. 'NO! WAKE UP! PLEASE!' 

'He's not dead.' Doc stated. 'He's just out prisoner now. I'm being nice. Get away now.'

Tango, having no other option, ran, as Doc and Bdubs carried Impulse into their prison. 

I have not forgotten the angst. Don't worry.