Chapter 69

The early morning light coming from the window gently woke you from sleep, you moved to get up and instantly regretted that decision. Your body was very sore and exhausted, you pushed past it and got up and went to the bathroom. Walking in you gasped at your reflection in the mirror, your chest, shoulders and thighs were covered in hickeys some much darker than others. You were so focused on the mirror that you didn't even hear Genma come in and lean against the door frame, he just stood there admiring his work.

"Sorry I got a little too excited it seems" he smirked but his sudden voice made you jump.

"Geez your light on your feet, i didn't even hear you get out of bed" you said as you tried to take a deep breath and calm your racing heart.

"Years of training" he said with a shrug, he walked over and wrapped his arms around your waist and looked down at your face. "How are you so beautiful this early in the morning?" he asked making you blush.

"Years of training I guess" you said using his same excuse which made him laugh.

"Witty and beautiful, I'm one lucky guy" he chuckled and kissed your cheek. "Let's take a shower and get ready, need to make the trip home" he explained.

After the shower you both got dressed and then went to go wake the boys, to your surprise though they were already awake and were just playing together quietly on the floor. They both jumped to their feet when you opened the door and ran over grabbing onto your legs.

"Mommy!!" they yelled in unison.

"Morning my babies!" you said reaching down and scooping them up into your arms. "Did you get some good sleep?" you asked, they both shook their heads yes and snuggled into your neck.

"Are you guys hungry?" Genma asked coming around you and gently stoking their heads.

"YES!" Yuki said getting really excited, Sakaki just nodded gently as he held you tighter.

"Let's get dressed and go get some food then before we head home" you passed Yuki to Genma and you both worked quickly to get them dressed and get everything packed back up.

Breakfast was fun and the boys were filled with energy, they kept talking about all the fun of the day before even though their talking skills were not the best yet. When everyone was done you took one last stroll through the small town and then set out on the road towards home. The walk was peaceful this early in the day and it wasn't too warm out so the breeze felt cool on your skin.

The boys again insisted on walking, mostly Yuki who then talked Sakaki into it even though he was hesitant. You and Genma walked hand in hand closely behind them simply enjoying each other's company. The conversation was light and easy like it always was with him, it really made it easy to see why you both had been friends for so long.

"Can I ask you something?" he said after a moment of quiet.

"Always, what's up?" you asked unsure what the question could be.

"Did you ever think of me romantically before all of this? I told you how I felt but I just wonder if you ever felt that way about me" he explained.

"Honestly.... Not really. I was so hung up on Itachi that I couldn't really see past that, I just held on to the belief that he would come back for me with everything I had." You said honestly.

"So what about that one night?" he asked and you knew instantly what he referred to.

"That night...Oh wow I can't believe I almost forgot that night... it did change that a bit for me, I think that's when I started to move on finally." You said thinking back on that unexpected night.