Management Meeting

Christian
I meet Elliott Sullivan and I talk to him quite a while and realize putting him in as a restaurant manager is a huge waste of his talents. So I have him hired but only temporary until we find the right manager to work the position. I look at Anastasia and ask to talk to her privately. Can you think of any good reason why I should only use you as the head chef here? Because I think you could with the right training be a great manager here. Would you be willing to train under Elliott and move up in a month with a nice salary as well.
Anastasia
If I try and don't like it can I go back to being the head chef?
Christian
Sure we can put that in writing if you wish just draw it up and submit it with the amendments you already made. The food was great. Tell Mia great job and promote her to assistant chef and demote Riley to whatever you want her to be. Something tells me she will be relieved.
Anastasia
Yes thanks for giving me my job back. And everyone else's and getting rid of mr Smith he is a real creep.
Christian
Was he sexually harassing the female staff?
Anastasia
He tried, but I informed him of an attorney friend that would love to make an example of him. He backed off, but I think he was headed that direction with Riley. But I made sure we kept her safe, but he caught on to it and we had to change strategies.
Anastasia
That says it all, she s better as a hostess and reservations clerk until she get more confident in her abilities. Need a receptionist, she is good a greetings and preventing people from becoming noisy. She is great at alerting security to potential issues with just a look.
Christian
Hmm I might have her transfer over to GEH main lobby to see if she has the chops. Have her report to security there in the morning. Hire a replacement for her just in case.
Anastasia
Will do just that. I need to get ready for the supper shift.
Christian
I might have to have supper to see how it tastes and how it runs.
Anastasia
Oh I need my laptop back please.
Christian
Oh sure, Barney will bring you a better one and a better phone as well. Do you have a car?
Anastasia
Yes I have a car and it is all mine. Bought it and did all the work on it. A 1964 super beetle bright red.
Christian
That's your car.? You did all the work on it?
Anastasia
Yes I sure did and I have ideas on my next car. A VW camper I bought the one I want to work on already. The camper is going to have scenery panted on it once I get everything running and rust fixed.
Christian
Never knew a woman that could do body work or one that could do the kind of work on cars you can.
Anastasia
If you want supper to start on time I need to get going now.
Christian
I have Elliott sit down as Anastasia has the staff go to their usual positions except the young lady we spoke of and she tells her to handle the hostess and reservation desk for now. I start asking Elliott all kinds of questions and ask him what he wants to do and he wants to get into designing and building eco friendly buildings and homes. He tells me all about it and I tell h8m if he can get things going we can talk about getting a construction company started and he will eventually be running it and he will have my full backing on it. I tell him we can sign an agreement and a time frame for everything. I know that he and Anastasia will be graduating from college soon. I show him the managers office and what he will need to learn. Barney will bring him up to speed and I think Anastasia can help as well. The supper was great and the deli food was gobbled up pretty quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful, they worked very well together.
Elliott
I had no idea that today would be one of the best days in my life. I look over the budgets and start inputting everything and hope I am doing this correctly. Barney will be coming over to assist me on it soon. Anastasia helped me a few times and tried to fix a few errors she pointed out to me. I thanked her for having me come in to talk to mr Grey regarding the manager job. Anastasia opened her lap top and showed me what I should be working on and soon we are both done and both are ready to sign off. Everything has been cleaned up and people are storing things and clicking out for the night. Mia and I leave and walk with with Anastasia to our cars. The restaurant has been locked up for the night. She drives away and I put Mia in her car and she drives away. My phone rings and it is mr Grey.
Christian
Hi just a minor issue, Barney needs to show you and Miss Steele how to use the programs we are going to need to have installed on the restaurant systems. It was fine on the old program, but it won't be on the new one.
Elliott
Okay when do we need to come in to train on it?
Christian
At 7 am and it will take a small amount time and maybe two days. Are you okay with that?
Elliott
We should bring Mia in as a back up person and she is good at computer things as well. I am getting up to speed on it as far as keeping budgets.
Christian
Not to worry Barney will make sure you know exactly what you are doing on any program we give you.