13: LOOK FOR

"It's cool, right? Yeah, I know. My dad bought it for me for my 27th birthday. Well, he said he's planning to buy me a new and limited edition watch for my birthday this year but I refused. I said I want him to donate the money to charity. Anyway, I can afford my watch. I have money. Lots of it."

Taerin stifled a yawn as she looked boringly and the guy sitting in front of her. Focused his eyes slits in the mouth of man cackle a while ago. He's been at it for the past fifteen minutes and he's still talking. He had been talking about other than his daddy and his money and she had a feeling that he would not be stopping any time soon.

He can't even sense her being bored with all his blabbers.

"Sometimes, I'll to you to a real estate bought by Dad. It's quite good. It's a very relaxing place, I can say."

He continued on its swagger. She could not help rolling her eyes. It would be good if he owns the real estate he has been boasting but unfortunately, not. It's just his Dad this and that.

She sighed. What does she expect from a Dae Han Shin? He's known as the chic magnet that hides under his mother's skirt, very spoiled; being the only son of Jinwoon and Allesa Lyn Shin, the owner of JYN Incorporation.

Their company is the leading supplier of quality steel throughout the country and even abroad. Jinwoon Shin brings a lot of money to the country, so he's one of the big names in industries, especially when a married the great model-actress this Allesa Lyn Woo.

Dae Han sure has a great family background, financially and politically. But when it comes to the brain and its tendency. . . .

Taerin can't help but shook her head secretly. She was not sure if she was doing the right thing anymore.

"Dae Ha-" She tried to cut him on his nonsense blabber but looks like the man is too engrossed in his talking.

"I find it cute. Don't you think so?" he asked her. She shook her head because honestly, she doesn't know what he's been talking about for a few minutes now.

The man flashed a broad smile. "Both coming from great families. It's amazing, right? It's like we're destined-"

"DAE HAN!" Taerin can't stop herself from shouting after listening to what he's been saying. Fortunately, they were positioned in a corner of the restaurant so no one heard her shouting.

But Taerin immediately felt guilt. She was devastated when she saw him paled in panic. So she was forced to smile, a grin at that. Not just because she liked what he said.

All the men she talked to in recent days were not brave enough to say those words. In fact, they all sat in front of her like some statues. Not look at her directly and in fear. Some tried to flirt but then she threw her words, there, it was like she was facing someone who's afraid of being killed right there and then.

"I'm sorry," He then said. "Am I being too talkative?" Wow, just noticed now? If boredom could kill, maybe she was already dead.

He let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I'm just nervous."

Taerin's forehead creased. Why was he nervous? Did she really make it so obvious that she's bored? If so, why not just shut up?

Dae Han laughed nervously. "They said you. . . ." He scratched the back of his head and then look away from her.

Oh yes. Taerin seems to know what he means. She closed her eyes as she remembers all those reports about her in different newspapers and magazines before.

It seems like he's thinking that the gossip about her being an Ice Queen is true.

She massaged her forehead. Her suspicion was right. After the talk with Seungcheol a week ago, it started to proliferate pictures on the internet, TV broadcasts, on the cover of magazines, and even in newspapers that day, and obviously, everyone knew she abandoned him. They even got a scoop that she did not agree to their engagement and she was the first to retreat and fight with Seungcheol.