27: CONSCIOUSNESS

"I dare you to kiss Seungcheol."

Taerin swallowed a couple of times as she tried to rule her mind to decide what the best thing to do was. Why of all!

"Oooh~ I like that!" Dane said in excitement. "Go go go!" The others cheered which was not helping her instead, it added more pressure.

The memories from their wedding come back and she was reminded of how Seungcheol cleverly blocked the photographers from taking a full shot when he kissed her. She's irritated and annoyed at that time since Seungcheol probes her rules on the day of their wedding. Yet like what Seungcheol said, it was necessary.

Clearly speaking, he actually saved her from being humiliated. Because if Seungcheol didn't do it, it would turn out that he was just forced into that marriage – especially when the whole media knew she was on a haunt of a husband.

How crazy does that sound?

Her – an heir, looking for a spouse?

It's just one kiss compared to how many times Seungcheol helped her. Even if the man her Mom and Aunt chose for her was against her decision and standard, she couldn't hide the fact that Seungcheol helped her and was willing to give up his freedom just to protect her aunt's business.

And she forgot to thank him for that.

This time, it looks like it would be her who will break the rules.

"Eeey, the two of you are still embarrassed? You're a married couple and it's natural for one to kiss the other."

"Maybe they're just embarrassed because we're here. It's still a PDA."

"Then you guys can close your eyes and I'll be the only audience. Less pressure, right?"

"What the – no. That's unfair. Of course, I want to see the romantic side of my cold cousin."

Each of them gave their own comments so Taerin faced Seungcheol and she saw a glimpse of questioning and confusion flash on his eyes. As if he's silently asking her 'Are you really going to do this?'

She gave a slight nod. Their friends won't stop until she gave in to the dare. Besides, they can be suspicious. She might as well get this over with. They'll never move on if they just stare at each other. It would be just a kiss-a simple kiss.

Heart pounding, she closed her eyes and took a deep lungful of breath before she started to lean her body. Everyone's holding their breath and the only thing she can hear is the sound of her heart, pounding harshly on her chest.

She could already feel the warm air puffing around her face when suddenly a certain song played, making her stop in her tracks. She opened her eyes and looked at where the sound was coming from. It came from Seungcheol pocket.

"Gosh! What an interruption."

"Continue please. Don't mind that. Let it be."

She looked at Seungcheol only to see him looking down at her – waiting.

"Go on!" She heard Dane shriek next to her.

Yet Seungcheol's phone kept on ringing.

"I think you should pick that up," Taerin said as she moved away from him and she didn't know why it was hard for her to move away. She would be relieved that the dare didn't push through right? Yet why is she not happy with that call that saved her?

Seungcheol closed his eyes in irritation before pulling his phone out. "Hello." He answered coldly not even looking at the caller's name. "EunBi, you called?"