26: ALLURING

It has been already a week since they were here and so far, everything was great ― just not what she had expected. She thought their "honeymoon" days would turn out a total disaster – Chaos. But as she stood there admiring the view of trees and mountains and the cold wind, she found herself thinking how happy she had been for the past week.

Every day, Seungcheol would tour her everywhere around the place. Every day was like a new discovery to her. Seungcheol showed the places she'd never seen in other countries.

Yes, the places she went to before were all marvelous. Especially when she and Shin toured around America, it was a breath-taking escapade. But here, she felt at home. She felt like she belongs in this place.

Or maybe she was just appreciating all this because of whom she's with. Not exactly the place.

Perhaps this honeymoon was a disaster after all — a disaster when it comes to her emotions.

Because while Seungcheol was showing her every corner and every part of this wonderful place, she realized that he was also revealing the emotions she thought she'd never feel again.

Happiness. Life. And that elusive emotion — love.

These past few days, that feeling always came to her and it always happens when Seungcheol is around. When he's in the kitchen cooking, every time she sees him smile in joy and every time she can catch him looking at her. It's like butterflies play inside her stomach. She feels giddy and she feels good.

She may have lived like a block of ice for the past years but she could still remember that feeling. And that same feeling only left her broken.

Does she have to be aware of it? Be guarded?

She mentally shook her head as if to disagree with her thoughts. It may not be like that. This was the effect of this "honeymoon isolation". All the things happening in this very place might be all temporary because when the day comes that they need to return to the real world, they will eventually forget everything – All that would happen here would stay here.

She let out a long sigh and stood up from the swing she had been sitting for a while. Right after their breakfast together, they went out horseback riding. Good thing that he didn't go fast, if not, she would end up with an upset stomach.

She felt well rested now and started to walk inside the house when suddenly a bird took off from a tree branch. The leaves rustled and dropped to the ground as the bird flew away but it left a huge stain on her.

Her nose creased at the smell of the bird's poop lying wet on her t-shirt. The bird's poop landed on her breast, of all places.

She needs to change and get her shirt in the laundry before it would stain.

Well, look at that! Looks like not all things are lovely in this place.

She hurriedly ran upstairs and entered their room. She took off her shirt upon entering the room, careful not to touch and smear her face with that dirt. She was about to enter their walk-in closet when she decided just to directly take a bath. She felt sticky after that afternoon escapade. So she removed her shorts too.

She was unpinning her hair when someone pushed open the bathroom door and Seungcheol stepped out with a towel wrapped around his waist. Just like her, he stopped momentarily. They stood looking at each other, surprised. And then his eyes started to wander down at and she followed them.

She gasped when she saw where he was looking at.

OH. MY. GOD!

And a loud scream escape her lips when she realized she was only wearing her pair of underwear.