(10) Marcel Styles

Your pov

Life was hard when you had to live with yourself. My parents had passed in a car crash when I was little and my aunt was the only family I had. Until, she was diagnosed with cancer few years before collage. She was like a mother to me. Everything's been messed up lately, New collage, new people, probably bullies.. I dunno. First day at collage seemed pretty cool. The entire classroom seemed to have liked my presence. "Woah, yo that's a 10" "Nah bro that's a 9" "straight up 10 fight me" I heard the boys at the back whisper, winking at me. Classic high school behavior, but I blushed at them and found a seat. It was all the way in the corner one of the only seats available in the packed classroom.

"Y-you may want to sit next to Cassy.." I heard a soft voice come from beside me. "Hey.. why's that?" I ask, trying to get a proper glimpse of his face. "I'm not really the person you'd want to sit with.. on your first day.. if you want people to like you-" He said, sweetly, trying not to meet my eyes. I sat next to him, ignoring everything he said. "Well, I don't really have the best reputation anywhere to be awfully honest, so I don't mind." I smiled and took my math book out. He smiled at me. That's when I saw his face. He was the most adorable presence around me. We became pretty close friends soon. I got him out of all the guys bullying him mercilessly and he tutored me. Things were great before.. I fell for him...

Marcel's pov

She was gorgeous. My only friend. She helps me all the time.. she's absolutely precious to me and I'd do anything to keep her away from me.. I usually am the victim in most of my fights.. which I'm used to now. But I don't want her getting herself hurt for me. We texted and called everyday, visited each other's everyday. She lived alone. I wanted to ask why but she never really seemed like she wanted to talk about it. She loved mum's sandwiches.. I get them to collage specifically for her. I love her smile.. I love being the reason she smiles..

But lately, she's been acting different.. distant. Everytime I try calling, she says she's busy.. or her phone's switched off. I text her too but now her texts seem short. It's like she doesn't want to talk to me. I ruffle my hair and walk around in my room. "What the fuck did I do-" "Should I visit?" "No I'd seem desperate" I sighed and dropped myself on the bed, hands covering my face in deep thought. 

Is it how I dress? Maybe. I decided to dress casually and maybe visit her.. she'd forgive me? She would. I should talk to her. I wear my shirt, tracks and hoodie, ruffle my hair, put my rings on and leave. I knock at the door and she opens. Her jaw drops.. so it was the way I was dressing that was bothering her.. my heart dropped.

Your pov

"Marcel?" I say, looking at the man in front of me. "Yes.. look I know it's how I dress is what's bothering you and I'm sorry maybe I'll wear something like this tomorrow? Would you hang out with me? Why are you ignoring me? Do you hate me? Y/N I'll try my best you're my only friend please don't leave my side.." He said, tearing up. It hurt me to see him like that. "No Marcel.. it's not the way you dress. I love you for who you are.. you don't have to change for me.. I'm sorry I've been distant.. I just needed time to think things.." I say, trying to comfort him. "But you do look breathtaking in these clothes don't get me wrong" I say, giggling. He smiles and says, "Well I'll clean up tomorrow. You'll see" He winks at me. I kiss his cheek and we bid goodbyes. 

The next day I'm at collage, I see Marcel in a black shirt with a black leather jacket and tight jeans, Chelsea boots, a fine silver necklace and rings. His hair wasn't pressed down with gel. It was quiffed up and his glasses were replaced by contacts. Wow he really had cleaned up. He came up to me spreading his arms in question. I show up my thumb and make a smirking face as we laugh about how stupid he looks in tight jeans. The bell rang and we head to class.

Every girl in school followed him like tails.. Dylan, the most popular guy in school asked him to join lunch, and he agreed. His clothes had popularized him. This felt like high school all over again. At the end of every class my eyes wandered around looking for him but he was over with the girls on the other side laughing and talking. I decided to let him be and walked to the next class on my own. During lunch of course he sat with Dylan and his friends. I sat at our table with my food getting cold to touch. It seemed like popularity was really getting to him. It was like- he forgot about me now that he had new and better friends to hang out with. 

After collage I saw him heading home with Dylan. You must think I'm a clingy friend but all I wanted was him to notice me. Once. I was his first and only friend here and so was he mine. He found a better group? I went home, dropping myself on the sofa and checked my phone for any message. I got no texts from him. No calls. His phone was always switched off when I tried, his instagram had pictures of him kissing one of the girls on the beach, and the boys. It hurt you how he called you his only friend just a day before he forgot your existence. 

Marcel's pov

I loved collage this week. I made so many new friends.. Dylan and the guys were so fun to hang out with.. I seemed pretty confident with these clothes too.. I got Jennifer and Lexi's phone numbers.. I was having the best time. But it wasn't really complete without Y/N. I tried calling her. She declined my calls. I tried texting her but she seenzoned me.. I was worried.. was she okay? I head off to her place to make sure she was alright.. I waited for the door and she opened. Her eyes looked red and puffy.. like she was crying. Why was she crying? 

"Who are you? What do you want?" She asked, sniffling. "Y/N? I-" She cut me off mid sentence and spoke. "I'm sorry did you just remember my existence? You for one were the only person I trusted to not hurt me. All you did today was hang with Dylan skip my calls and post pictures of you kissing some attention whore who bullied you literally 5 days before your new makeover. I don't know who you are. I only know that you're not the Marcel I fell in love with." She snapped and covered her mouth realizing what she said. "Y-you loved me?" I said, tears on the verge of streaming down my cheeks. I  stood at the door trying to process all the tension between us. I broke it. I stepped up, held her face in my palms caressing her cheeks wiping off her tears.

"I love you too" I said. I had never been so sure about anything I had ever said to anyone. I leaned in and kissed her pink lips. She tasted so sweet.. sweeter than sugar.. her lips moved in sync with mine and they felt like cotton against me. I broke the kiss and pulled her close by the waist. "I'm sorry.. you were always my first always will be" I whisper against her ears. She closes her eyes and places her lips on mine, letting me taste her again. I wiped her tears and promised that I'd never leave her side. I promised that she'd never have to worry about anything while I was around. "I love you" She said, resting her head against my chest, closing her eyes to the sound of my heartbeats.