Twenty Six

Part twenty six

One week later

"Jungkook!! Open the door!" Loud bangs keep on coming from the front door followed by Yoongi's scream calling out for Jungkook.

Jungkook almost choked on his water as he swallowed them quickly before rushing towards the door and swung it open.

He furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of Yoongi standing there in front of his doorstep as if he was chased by an angry dog or something.

Yoongi walked in with his shoulder slightly touching Jungkook's shoulder "seriously hyung?" Jungkook closed the door and made his way to Yoongi.

"What's with the rush?" Jungkook asked him. After not getting any reply he questioned him again.

"Hyung, is everything alright?" He darted his eyes on Jungkook. Concern about the guy who he considers a brother to him.

"I have something to tell you Jungkook..." the voice tone... Jungkook doesn't really appreciate that. It makes him anxious.

"I've checked everything about Jimin and so far he's good. He didn't do drugs, he is not in a mafia gang or something. He is clear. But..." Yoongi stops and look at him

"But what hyung?" Yoongi was a little in doubt. "My man told me that Jimin is currently seeing someone who is close to y/n" Yoongi pursed his lips.

"Who is it hyung? Her mom?" He moves a little forward from his current seat.

"Wtf! No. It's y/n's step brother..." The look that Jungkook gave him makes him wonder for some reason.

"Y/n have a brother???" He asked "you didn't know?" Jungkook shook his head. "what?? You've got to be kidding me" Yoongi blinks his eyes in disbelief.

"She never tells me anything about it. How did you expect me to know???" Jungkook's reply sounded a little annoyed.

"What's wrong with her step brother?" Yoongi stayed silent for a moment. "I mean is he a bad guy or something? Why did she never let me know about him?" He bombs Yoongi with questions.

"Maybe she thinks that it is not that important. Because her relationship with her step brother wasn't on good terms" Yoongi shrugged his shoulders.

"But that wasn't the thing right now. Jimin and y/n's step brother has been planning to ruin both of you. By that I mean your marriage, career and of course your life" Yoongi explains.

Jungkook got up from his seat. Hands on his hips. His eyes were on fire. His body tenses a lot.

Anger is shown in the face by the drawing of his furrowed eyebrows, a glaring look to his eyes and his lips becoming narrow and thin.

"Do you remember the day you caught y/n and jimin together?" Jungkook nods at Yoongi's words.

"I can tell it was planned by her step brother and of course Jimin" Jungkook ruffles his hair harshly. Jungkook walked towards the window and fixed his eyes at the night view.

"But why?... I just don't get it! what did we ever do to them?" Jungkook rubbed his face. Breathing in a huge amount of air before letting them out slowly.

"I seriously don't know Jungkook... you seriously need to bring y/n home bro..."

"What do you mean hyung?"

"I don't know. We need to find out about that but I can tell, he is not a good guy Jungkook..."

Jungkook pov

He can't stop thinking about you. His mind was everywhere. His thoughts are messed up. Yoongi's words keep on rewinding in his blank head

"They tried to ruin your life."

"He is not a good guy."

"I need to do some shit!" He leaned on the counter and rubbed his face. Then someone popped up in his mind.

"Such an asshole! Why didn't I think about it earlier" he rushed to his room and took his phone that was on the bed went back out to the kitchen.

He immediately dialled a number. He placed the phone on his right ear and waited for the person to answer the call.

"Come on, pick up the phone..." he mumbled to himself, bouncing his leg anxiously. His fingers keep on tapping the marble top of the counter.

Namjoon / Jungkook

"Hello?"

"Namjoon?"

"Yes Jungkook, what's wrong?"

"Can you answer my question with honesty?"

"Hey you are scaring me. What the hell is going on?"

"Namjoon please..." Jungkook can hear him sighed before answering him.

"Yes Jungkook, what is it?"

"I know you've been friends with my wife for ages and you're the only one who can help me now. Do y/n really have a step brother?" There's a brief moment of silence.

"Namjoon please.."

"Yes Jungkook, she has a step brother but he is not a good guy... at all. He—" then your call was interrupted by a voice you missed so much.

"Namjoon, where is Rapmon's toy? I can't find it.." her voice sounded so calm and like music to Jungkook's ears.

"Oh it's on top of the shelf, I'll get that for you in two minutes" "okay~" she replied.

Jungkook closed his eyes.

Back to the phone call

"Jungkook? Are you there?"

"Ye-yeah... I'm here..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I am... I just... I miss her so much..."

"Take her home then..."

"I can't... It's too dangerous here. She's better there"

"No Jungkook... she is safer with you, her husband not me..."

Jungkook closed his eyes before letting out a deep sigh.

"Can we meet?"

"Yeah sure. When?"

"Tomorrow at 7PM... my office"

"Okay Jungkook. See you there. Bye"