Chapter 1!

All I want to do is sleep in peace on the plane, but I couldn't. All thoughts are pouring in. It has been three years since I left my home and all those I loved to pursue my higher education. But now I go back, my heart does not obey me. I'm feeling anxious and in pain. My heart was shattered three years ago and no one is able to fix it. It was torn to pieces by my best friend, my love, the only person I ever loved. I met her at the age of six. They just moved across the street from my mansion. Her dad started working as a manager at our company and he took her to my place for a party. And then I saw her -- the sparkling Yuzu, my Yuzu.

*****Flashback******

"Dad...."I cried to my dad because I didn't want to be in the crowd. I need him to play with me. However, he was always busy traveling. When he returned home, there was always a party and I never had my time with my father.

"Mei, stop crying." You have to get used to it," my father whispered to me, "Stop crying. You embarrass me," he said.

I ran towards a tree in my backyard and started crying. I sat on my own. Then I heard her voice.

"Why are you crying?" Her little voice was so thoughtful, but I didn't see where the voice came from. I tried to snoop around, but I didn't see anybody.

"Up there," she shouted at me and I looked at the tree and she was sitting on one of the branches.

"Aren't you scared to go there?" I asked and cried.

"Yes, but I'm trying to help the bird," she says. I had no idea what she was up to. Then she went gently towards the nest and put a little bird there.

She smiled, "He fell and I want to give him back to his mother".  I nodded and expected her to come downstairs, but she stood there and seemed confused, more like a scared person.

Then she opened her mouth and acknowledged, "I don't know how to get down". There was nothing I could do to control my laughter. I never laughed this way after my mom left when I was four. I missed my mother and I had no idea why she left me where I couldn't find happiness.

"Help me," she called out. I looked around and saw a ladder I had brought her down.

After she got off, I laughed more and she felt more awkward. "You're cute," when I told her, I watched her blush. I'm fond of this girl. She makes me feel good. I tilted my face and saw her eyes that is emerald green and she liked it and her blond hair. Her smile is contagious and she has stretched her hand, "Yuzu"...

“What?”

Dummy, my name is Yuzu. What is yours?”, she asked me.

I got a little hurt when she called me dumb, but took her hand and shook saying, "Mei Aihara".

From that day, she used to hang around me every time. Sometimes I think she lives with me. She's always been with me. We turned into best friends.

I never go near anyone but she talks to everyone she sees. We were totally opposites but attracted to each other. I met her that day that would turn my life around forever.

*****Flashback End*****

My mind was disturbed, when I heard a voice,

"Do you want anything to drink?" the flight attendant asked me. I grabbed a juice and I drank it. Looks like a long day.