Chapter 24!

Mei’s POV:

"When did you enter?" Naina asked me when I was in bed.

"A couple minutes ago... I was so tired, so I came straight to bed," I said. She kissed me on the forehead and walked into her bedroom. I asked her to be in the guest room a couple of days ago to settle up.

The next day, my mind was very clear and I figured out a plan. Being an Aihara, we have connects with so many people, and like my grandfather and my dad, I have my own circle of people, who would help me to get details. I had a doubt before calling this person, but no one would be the best person to do the task I am going to give.

I called Mitsuko, the sister of Harumin. She's my senior in my school, and she's helped me in so many ways. We had a weird close relationship between us that no one would understand.

“Aihara…. What a surprise?" She spoke from the other side.  No matter how close we were, she always calls me Aihara. I laughed while I heard it.

"Pleased to hear your voice Mitsuko", I said and continued, "Would there be a chance to meet you today... I need your support on an urgent matter," I insisted.

"Anything for you Aihara... join me at the usual spot in one hour," she hung up the phone. One of the reasons we agree is that we don't speak much. We'll get right to it and end the conversation.

Well, I got prepared and told Naina that I would be late and I went to the Café where I and Mitsuko used to hang out before for school board activities.

“You still ride that…”, I went to sit at the table where Mitsuko is already occupied pointing to the bike outside.

"Yes, I still am," she laughs. "So, Aihara, what is it this time?" raised her eyebrows.

I explain everything to her and she listens closely to what is one of her skills for her detective work now.

She nods her head and gets up from our seat, “You want me to find out what happened in your family with your ex-girlfriend Yuzu and the relationship of your now girlfriend Naina with your grandfather”.  I nod her head for what she replies, "consider it done" and she leaves the place.

I sigh myself and my hands automatically drive back to Yuzu’s restaurant. I needed to see her. When I went in, I saw her serving her customers. Something I love about Yuzu is that she's so humble. Although she owns the restaurant, she works rather than giving orders.

When she looked at me, she smiled and came to my table, "How may I help you?" she asked.

"You know what I like," I said. We began to speak as friends. She smiled and walked inside. After a few hours, she came up with the deserts -- cupcakes with a different flavor that I like.

"Do you still remember that?" I asked as a surprise.

Your memories won't go out, Mei. Enjoy the desert,' she left the cakes on the table and went to other tables. I sat there for hours watching her not look at the hour.

Somebody cleared their throat after me and it was Harumin.

“It’s time Mei. We are going to close”, I frowned when I heard it and part of me wants to be with Yuzu.

Harumin laughed when I saw Yuzu standing behind her and looking at our talk.

Yuzu’s POV:

Mei visits me more than once. The inside of me screams to stop doing all the work I'm doing and spend time with her. I gave her the cakes and watched her eating. His eyes move all over the place I've been. It's been hours and I still see her here.

Haru rolled her eyes on me and went beside her and said  “It’s time Mei. We are going to close”.

Mei frowned all over again. She was about to get up from her place and her eyes searching for certain someone which I assume to be me.

Seeing me her lips curved automatically for a smile that gave me the courage to ask her, "Do you want to go for a walk with me?".

I thought she would turn down the offer, but she nodded and we're here walking. We talked about several things and I learned that she is a well-known artist and travels all over the world to have an art gallery exhibition following her mother's footsteps. I was delighted to hear that.  She came here for an exhibition three months from now and she's working on it.

After an hour, we came back to the parking lot of our restaurant standing facing each other.

“ummm…. I had fun, Yuzu," she finally said.

"Good to know" made me smile.

"I must go now." Take care”, she was about to get into her car and I couldn’t resist. I held her in my arms and pressed my lips on her forehead.

“Take care Mei”, I whispered and she left the place leaving me standing alone before my restaurant.