Chapter 3!

I didn't see Yuzu for a month. She's hangin' out with her new friend Harumin. She is the sister of Mitsuko, the former school council president. But she bore no resemblance to any of her sister's qualities. She's been carefree and sticky with Yuzu all her life. Has she no other friends? And I see her car always at Yuzu’s place? Why isn't she at her place? I missed Yuzu very much. I tried connecting with her mobile. Either she won't answer my call and every time she does, she'll say she's been busy and she'll be getting together soon. She's right next door to my place, but I get the feeling she's miles away.

I tried to concentrate on my school tasks but the thoughts about her kept distracting me. How I miss her so much. We weren't separated from each other. I wanted to confront her... to say that I'm sorry I ignored her feelings... that I want to keep her on my arms and kiss her! What have I got in mind? Am I sure I want to kiss her? She's just my friend and I've tried putting my thoughts behind me.

It's a week-end. Usually on Saturdays and Sundays, she would be at my home and we would be having movie night covering us in a single blanket cuddling to each other with her favorite snacks. I miss her warmth, her love and her speech. Although she keeps talking, I like to hear her rants. It thought it is enough. I just want to go in there and talk to her.

I walked towards her house and I saw her mom Ume in the kitchen. "Hello, Ms. Okogi, how are you?" I asked her to ensure that she was aware of my presence. She smiles softly: Mei, it's been so long since we met. Where did you go? I didn't know how to reply. I hesitated and replied, "I... I had some project work", I tried to hide my guilt, but Yuzu's mother can read people. Her eyes had a concerned look and she saw me in my eyes and asked, “Is everything ok between you and Yuzu, dear, she has been hanging with Harumin a lot. It doesn't mean I didn't like it, but I know about you both".

“We are doing alright. I just wanted to talk with her”, I replied her seeing the floor. She figured out we're on bad terms. "Is she home?" I asked her.

"No, my darling, she went shopping with Harumin." Should be home in an hour. You can stay in her room or you can stop by later", she began working in the kitchen. I stayed silent for a few minutes, then I went into her room, picked up a piece of paper and started writing,

Dear Yuzu, I missed you so much and the house is empty without you. I'm sorry for not taking the time to talk with you. I feel empty and I'm not sure what that feeling is? Please come to me. I love you and care for you.

I put it in her board and told her mom that I was going home.

It's been four hours, but Yuzu hasn't called or texted. I saw her and Harumin getting into the car. She does really hate me.

I woke up when the phone started ringing. I drifted with Yuzu in mind.

Hello, Is it Mei? We are calling from CrossRiver hospital. We're sorry to report that...

I knocked my phone down and my heart froze when I heard the news.