Chapter 5!

I've been locked in my bedroom for the last couple of days. I wasn't eating right. The tears wore off. My father tried to get me out of my room, and he failed. I did not want to see anyone or talk with anyone. I watched the videos of my mother and I being together at her house during last Christmas season. It was snowing and she made everything I ever wanted to eat and we made the snowman together. My thoughts were disrupted by the knock at my door.

"Mei..." I heard her faint voice. I think she's back. But she wasn't there in my time of need.

"Yuzu, leave!" I don't want to speak to anybody," I couldn't control my tears. Her voice still hurts me. She can't look at me in a vulnerable state.

"Please let me in, Mei", her voice begged.

"No, Yuzu, I do not want to see you now. Why you have to come after everything went down. I was looking for you. 'I had no one,' I shouted behind the door.

I saw the shadow of her sitting on the other side. I knew she's crying.

"I'm afraid, Mei." All I want to do is clear my head. I didn't mean to hurt you", her reply came after silence.

"You could have spoken to me, Yuzu." I was coming to your house, calling you... you ran away from me... pushed me and ran away from me", I paused, "that killed me... being not with you... that killed me", I cried loudly.

"I could not see you cry, Mei." Please open the door", she pleaded to me again, "I will not leave you... I promise you".

I did not open the door that day and she did not leave the place where she was seated in front of my door. Listening to her voice, I slept in her shadow behind the door.

The next morning, when I opened the door, I saw Yuzu in a very vulnerable condition.

"Mei.... I am sorry.... I should have been here, but I promise I won't leave you," she embraced me. I felt relief in her arms. The pain started to subside. Though I lost someone that I loved, she gave me the faith to live in. I have someone to look at, to trust, love and beloved... her hands held me carefully, very careful not to break me. She knows it all right.

She took me to the couch and made me to lie down on her chest and I felt like no one can provide me the peace and comfort she is giving me. I knew... I was in love with that woman.

**** Flashback Ends****

I awoke when I heard an announcement that we reached the destination location.

My mind is filled with the thoughts of her. She told me, she would never leave me... but why did she.