Chapter 4!

Dad is on an official trip. What am I supposed to do next?  I don't want to go on my own, and Yuzu's not here. I cried hard and without thinking my leg walked to Yuzu's home and my eyes spotted Ume sitting in the couch watching TV.

"Mrs Okogi", I couldn't continue and I started to cry. She panicked and got close to me and held me in her arms.

"What happened, breathe", her motherly voice tries to console me but I was unable. Yuzu is the only one that can comfort me when I panic and she's not there. I tried to keep my breath down like Ume said and tried to talk,

"I got a call from the CrossRiver hospital and," I cried again. 

"Calm down Mei. Breathe slowly and say, "She took me to the sofa and made me sit down and gave me water. I drank water and carried on.

"My mother..." I paused, "Her... She's gone," I froze again.

She grabbed her car keys and made me get in her car and started driving to the hospital. My parents got divorce when I was 5, but she use to visit me often. She used to tell me that true love is not found in money and she is the only person who knows all about me other than Yuzu and supports me whatever step I take. Although she lost custody of me, she often visited me and cooked for me and was always with me, something my father could not do. I'm so connected to her and hearing that she's dead is breaking me. I sat quiet in the car travel.

When we arrived at the hospital, it was as if my world had ceased. I've lost two people. one is out of the world and the other has run away from me.

I saw my mother being wropped in white cloth. It was the stupid drunk driver that caused the accident and I sat by her head and thought about the days I spent with her.

I heard Ume calling my father and my grandfather and cursing, "Where the hell did  Yuzu go. Why did she keep her phone switched off?" She was mumbling. Hearing that made my heart hurt more. I can't take it anymore.

I ran away from the hospital and went to the place where Yuzu and I used to go. This is our secret spot and nobody knows it. I sat there seeing the lake and cried my heart out.

When all my emotions were sustained, I went back to the house and shut myself in.