Chapter 23!

Mei’s POV:

The next day I returned to Yuzu's restaurant but I couldn't find her. So, I decided to go to the spot across the lake where Yuzu and I always met.

Along the way, I had so many questions on my mind. Should I break up with Naina? I don’t love her. That was just lust and nothing else. She's beautiful, intelligent and beautiful. But my heart cries for Yuzu all the time. I thought I had moved away from her and I'm happy with Naina. Absolutely not. I'm still in love with Yuzu but wounded. Now, as I know she's not married yet, I just want to know why she agreed to the marriage?

When I got to the place, I saw somebody lying underneath the tree. I wasn't sure who else would have found this place. But as I approached, the person looked familiar and it was Yuzu. What's she doing here?
Since she was asleep, I thought about leaving her without bothering her. Shit, my leg was jammed on one of the branches and I fell and woke it up.

“Mei.. what are you doing here?”, she asked me, “Are you alright?”, she came towards me and helped me to get up and immediately kneeled down to look into my foot. "Are you hurt?" Her eyes showed concern.

"No, I'm not... and why are you here?" I replied.

"I come here a lot." This is where I feel at peace", she looked into my eyes.  I hummed in response.

"I'll go," I tried to move from there, but Yuzu grabbed my wrist, with begging eyes saying, "Please stay for a while."

I nodded and sat across the tree giving her some space.  We sat there for a while.

“How are you Mei?”, she broke the silence.

"How am l?" shattered wherever I go..." I said sarcastically.  I saw tears in her eyes which hurt me and she whispered, "Sorry... I thought you would come out of this".

“Have you?”, I questioned her.

"No... I won't be able to." she responded.

"So why did you do this for us?" Now my voice sounded angry.

"I didn't have another choice to protect you," she said silently. I was now shocked to look her in the face. She was trying to keep a secret from me.

“Protect me?”, I asked back.

"You know that I am already dead in doing so, Mei." I'm just living my life on the edge. You know what you mean to me but everything collapsed", I couldn't understand what she was saying.

After a few minutes of silence she rose, "I'm going to leave now... I'm not able to tell you anything." She went off without saying goodbye. She just kissed me on the forehead before she took off. I felt very secure.

“Great….”, I hit the tree with my fist only to feel the pain…”Ouch….”.

After an hour or two, I lazily went back to my home to see Naina on call. She hasn't noticed me and I'm not in the mood to speak to her right now. I've been trying to get to my room. But I stopped when I heard her talking to my grandfather in a way that I didn't expect.

“Mr.Aihara.. what did you tell her. I swear if you had told her the truth, it wouldn't take seconds to destroy you and your company", she raged on the phone.

No one has ever talked to my grandfather like this. How can she do that? And how did she come to this position to talk to him like this?

I don't want to confront her, because I'm not going to get details from her, but I thought I should get the details. All I could think about was one person to help me. I went to bed thinking I should call her tomorrow.