Chapter 21!

Mei's POV:
I see her restaurant still open. Looks like she runs a great business. I saw Harumen at the restaurant. I haven't seen Yuzu anywhere. To my surprise, Himeko also came to dinner.

I approached Harumin and I cleared my throat and she turned around and said, "Mei, what can I do for you?"

"Would you ask Yuzu to come here right away?" I need to talk to her", I told her without emotions.

"You have a phone, don't you?" Why don't you call her yourself?" she smiled at me, which piqued my rage. Finding out, she sighed and dialed Yuzu's number and asked her to come right away.

They asked me to wait in her room at the diner. The room seemed simple with her guitar and a couple of my pictures in the wall. I'm so nervous now that I just took my bag and left the room. When I walked into the dining room, I stood in front of Yuzu. Upon examination, it appears that she wept and slept poorly. Why should I care anyway?

"Mei..." she grabbed my wrist, "Haru said you wanted to speak to me," she begged with her eyes.

I couldn't control it anymore, so I busted out... Everybody was gone and now the restaurant only had, Himeko, Harumin, Yuzu and me.

"Did you trade my love for money?", I spit on her.

"What?" She glanced in confusion.

"I heard that you exchanged my love for money to build you the restaurant empire", the words came with difficulty. I could see her on the verge of crying.

I stood there without emotions, only to be slapped by my friend. Himeko slapped me. I got slapped by my friend. But why?

Yuzu's POV:

Her words struck me as a brick to the heart. Did she not know me? I was unable to say anything. I felt my eyes shed tears and she remained there with no emotion.

Suddenly, I heard a sound, when I saw that Himeko was the one slapping her.

"What is it, Himeko?" Why have you slapped me?" cried Mei.

"Shame on you Mei for not knowing the person you love... we have seen how she struggled to come here. You weren't here... so don't dare talk about her success," she whispered to Mei.

Mei stayed silent and muttered, "I know but I don't know whom to believe. I'm just looking for the truth. It's like I'm locked in and I want to free myself from those thoughts," she cried. Mei wept... I couldn't see her like this. Mei only cries after she's crossed the threshold.

I just went and hugged her. I thought she'd never do it, but she hugged me. I've felt her body against me for years, but I still have that same spark when she touches me.

"I'll be fine, Mei", I heard her crying.

"It is hurting.... too much" , She put her face on my chest. I kissed her forehead and said, "Everything is going to be all right, my dear", I kissed her again only to be hugged tightly by her.

I I wish it had stayed that way.