Chapter 30!

I went to the lake to clear my mind and I was not sure when I drifted off.

****Flash back *****

There was blood all over me. I saw Mei lying lifeless. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was in a room which was white. I was hooked up into monitors and that's when I realized I was in hospital.  Then what about Mei?

"Mei....", hearing my cry, a nurse came running in.

"How are you feeling dear?"  She asked me.

"I want to see my girlfriend", I screamed and tried getting up from bed. She tried to sedate me but I didn't allow her to. All I want to see is Mei. Then my mom came in with tears.

"Mom.... I want to see Mei", I hugged her and cried.

"She is still in operation, Yuzu. We might have to wait ",  while talking to my mom, the nurse sedated me making me to go asleep again.

After few hours when I woke up, I was calm. I noticed that my hand was fractured and there is a pain in my leg which was wrapped up.

"Mom..."  , I said in a hoarse voice. Mom looked into me and cried, "Yuzu... you are alright.. you made me afraid"

"I am alright mom... Where is Mei? Can I see her", I asked her calmly. But her reaction changed.

"She is in a serious condition, Yuzu", she told me.

"Mom, I cannot live without her... she is my...", I tried completing it as I never told my mom about our relationship.

"Friend...." she completed it.

"No mom.... she is my girlfriend.. we are into a relationship. I love her so much that I cannot live without her...", I cried.

"I know Yuzu....", she replied calmly. That's when I heard someone clearing their throat.. it is Mei's grand father.

"Yuzu, can I speak with you for a minute?", he asked me and mom went outside leaving us alone.

"How is Mei?", I asked him.  The man who use to be stubborn cried.

"Doctor couldn't do anything Yuzu... but, there is something you can do a favour. If you helped, she will survive", he told me. I am not a doctor and I don't know how I will help but I am ready to give my life for her.

"Anything for her...", I saw him in the eyes.

"You have to leave Mei", I was shocked hearing it.

"What?"

"You have to stay away from Mei.", he said it again.

"But, why?"

"There is only one doctor...Mrs. Matthews who can operate on her and make her alive. But she is busy. Her daughter who is studying in our academy gave us a choice. If you stay away from Mei, the surgery will.be done immediately ", he explained. Mrs. Matthews.... why should they want me to leave Mei? Then it strike me. Naina Matthews... our Junior who has crush on Mei. I told Mei that she has an admirer but she didn't accept stating she is just a friend. Now, one thing is I just need Mei to survive.

Without thinking too much, I replied "Yes... I will move away"  

He hugged me and said, "We will shift you to another hospital and please stay away from her." I nodded.my head and the same day I moved to another hospital. I got the details from Himeko on the surgery of Mei and its been a month after her surgery and she returned home. As promised, I stayed away from her.

One day, while I was in my new apartment (I insisted mom to stay away from Mei's house as well ),  I got a call from unknown number.

"Hello... this is Aihara", I understood from the voice who it is. He insisted to meet me in my apartment and here he is sitting before me.

"Yuzu... I need an other favour from you", he holded my hands... I nodded him to continue, "Mei has been searching for you", it made me happy actually, "To make her forget about you, can you please accept the marriage with her brother "

"What... no? I can't do this", I yelled at him. He cannot ask me to do such a thing.

"Yuzu... Mei's dad lost everything in gambling", I knew Her dad was into gambling and that's the reason for her parents split up. "And he lost Mei too"

"What... Please tell me its a joke", I gave him a look.

"Wish it would be... but, it is. We are trapped by Matthews family and they have people everywhere. They have the right now to take Mei away but I didn't want them to. Also, to save and protect Mei, this would.be the only option ", he said.

"How this would be the only option? You are sending Mei to a family that got her in such a way", I asked him.

"Yuzu... Mei is being followed everywhere she is going and I am getting threats on her life. If Mei marries Mrs.Matthews daughter everything would be resolved ", after so much of arguing I understood that Mei's life is in danger because while I was talking I got some photos of Mei on where she is even our secret place.

"I agree but promise me nothing will happen to Mei ", I asked him and he promised.

As planned, they announced the marriage to everyone and Mei confronted me.

"Mei.... Please understand.... they will not agree us being together... This community...."  I was slapped by Mei and she left me. The next day, I heard that she left the city to New York to do her studies, to stay away from me. Also, Mei's brother came out to us saying he is already married and his girlfriend is pregnant. I was happy hearing that as I do not want to marry anyone other than Mei.

*****Flash back ends*****

I decided to live alone and focussed on building restaurants as Mei and myself discussed when we are together. I worked so hard to achieve this. I didn't think to go behind Mei to explain everything as that would put her in danger as myselff and Haru looked into the background of Mrs.Matthews family who is also a part of Mafia. But, she reappeared suddednly... kindled my feelings again. Even after years seeing her, I had the same feelings for her. And she reciprocated her love. She asked me to wait.... wait for her... but.....