Chapter 26!

"Naina Matthews? 'Who is she?' asked Mitsuko.

"She's my girlfriend," I breathed.  Mitsuko nodded and there was sadness in her eyes, "What about Yuzu? The love you had together?

“She left me Mitsuko…. “, I said in a low voice.

"She would have had a good reason," I raised my eyebrows when she said, "Haru told me the wedding didn't happen and it was all a game. I heard Yuzu get cut every time after it all happened. She was taken to hospital once when she lost so much blood." My heart ached when I heard that. "She loves you Mei... otherwise she would have moved in with someone else," Mitsuko finished.

I tried to control my tears which at any moment would not obey me and fall down. My voice broke, "Can you get details about Naina Matthews?".

"Why do you...", she asked. Then she realized, "Oh my God... Miss Matthews"...

I just nodded. I didn’t know how Naina would have been related here but I never have asked her about her life earlier as I had never interest on. But, hearing him talk with my grandfather with authority, I wonder what is happening. Aihara industries have never collaborated with anybody, but Naina, however, has. Everything bothers me.

“I have already asked my team to check on Naina Matthews. I'll have the update in an hour. Do you want to wait or should I call you later?" said Mitsuko.

"Please call me." I'll walk around and go home. I need space," I got out of the chair. Unexpectedly, Mitsuko embraced me, which is out of character, "Everything's going to be okay," she said and left.

I went to check on Yuzu. After what Mitsuko told me, I want to face Yuzu. There she is, talking with a little girl with much excitement. When she saw me, she gave me a little grin.

"Yuzu, can you come with me to the lake", I asked her.

"I would love...", she gave me her characteristic smile and came along. She insisted to drive with her on her bike. During our days together, I used to go everywhere with her on her bike as I love it. This gave me a sense of nostalgia sitting behind her and by the time I was out of my mind, she stopped the bike. We reached.

We went to our usual spot and sat there in silence. The silence was comforting. Thinking about what Mitsuko said, I grabbed her hand and saw a scar on her wrist. She tried pulling her hand but I didn't leave.

"Why did you?" , I questioned her. She didn't say anything. I lifted her chin with my finger, looked into her eyes and asked again.

She sighed and acknowledged, "I cannot imagine a life without you Mei... I tried to live but the reason I breathe is you.. I'm still in love..." before she could finish, I drew her face and kissed her. It was slow and intense. She hesitated first but immediately started kissing.

"I've missed you..." I said between kissing. There was no way I could resist. She hurt me, but she hurt me for a reason, and I will find her.

As Mitsuko promised, she called me in an hour.

"Mei..." She lingered.

I had my hands interlaced with Yuzu's and I continued to talk, "Yes Mitsuko"

"I cannot get much details about her. Everything about her is blocked.  But one thing I found was that she went to the Aihara Academy... that's your Junior," I hung up the phone.

I was curious and shocked. Naina is a junior of mine at my school. Where is this going ?