Chapter 14!

Yuzu’s POV:

"I'm sorry, Yuzu... I tried to...", Himeko apologized to me. Though, we were like enemies during school days, she really became a good friend of mine like Harumin.

“It’s alight Himeko. She doesn't know the truth and she's suffering," I told her.

"Why don't you say it to her?" she asked me.

“You know about her.. she will not speak to me… and I promised….”,  I couldn’t continue further as that was a promise I made which I could not share with anyone even with my Mom.

"What promise?" She questioned me. Knowing Himeko, who wouldn’t leave me until I give her a answer, I replied back, “A promise to myself”.

"That's silly Yuzu... you need her and she needs you.. You're both in pain," she hugged me and left the diner.

I've worked so hard for the last few years to get this restaurant up to this level. Now, "Pull up & Fill up" is a reputable restaurant here. I chose this name as I had a dream to have my own restaurant during my school days and while having a long chat with Mei… she did selected this name.  I am not sure, if I would have the courage to meet her and explain everything and am I allowed to do so too?

I sighed and asked Haru to take care of the restaurant and went to the place where I could get some peace. Yes, she is my partner and she helps me a lot. Since we get along well, we did not have any problems being partners.

Mei’s POV:

How come everyone wants me to talk to Yuzu? Isn’t she the one who left me and married my brother.  How about if she's not married? I didn't even show up for their wedding. I left that place immediately for another country when the wedding was announced. I never even talked to Yuzu. Was she forced to? But there was no reason because everybody including my grandpa knows about my relationship with Yuzu.

It's exhausting and I want to get home and sleep on my bed. The moment I entered the house, I saw Naina sitting on the sofa with worried looks.

"Where did you go, Mei? I've been callin' you for two hours? she asked angrily. I never saw Naina get that mad. Her eyes softened and she stroked my cheek: Sorry, darling, I was worried for you.

I poked her in her lips and said, "I was with Himeko shopping and I didn't realize the time and my phone was quiet"

"Well, get ready now..." she said.. I was confused. Where should we? Seeing my reaction, "You forgot... don't you?" she smiled and I nodded.

"We agreed with your grandfather that we will come for the family dinner today... now go get ready", she gave me the dress she chose for me and waited on the sofa.

If it was a family dinner, Yuzu would come with my brother too. I didn't want to get into an embarrassing situation. But knowing Naina, she would not let me miss it. We got ready and in half an hour, I was in a mansion where I grew up. It brought me all the memories of the days I spent with Yuzu.  While Naina began to speak with my grandfather and my father.. I didn't know when they were so close... that I walked till I ran into somebody.

“Mei….”, he looked at me with a concerned voice.  I couldn't face him. I tried to ignore it, but I didn't. My brother loved me as much as my mom did.  I stood there seeing his eyes.  After a couple of minutes, I broke the silence: How are you, brother? How is your wife?”

He replied: "I am fine and we have a daughter", this shocked me. Yuzu is pleased with him and they have a girl. I'm foolish to trust her.

"I did not marry Yuzu, Mei...you must speak to her", he kissed on my forehead and left me there. Thoughts started flooding in.  Yuzu is not married… What happened?  I stood there confused until Naina came for me searching. It was awkward in the dining table  and everything in my mind was Yuzu and why didn't she get married.

†*****-****-*---*-**********

So, dear readers, how is the story so far? Is it going fine?

What do you think why Yuzu didn't married to mei's brother?  Who would be behind all this?