Chapter 2 - I'm kinda lost

When I woke up the next day I found a cup of chocolate milk and a piece of paper on my nightstand. At first I was confused until I remembered yesterday again. "Yeah, right. I'm in Forks", I mumbled to myself before getting up and getting dressed. I chose a basic leggins and with a look outside I decided to wear a warm beige pullover. It was 10 am already when I looked at the clock.

With a look in the mirror across my large bed I decided to put my dark brown hair in a simple bun. I didn't want to impress anyone today so I didn't really care about my look.

As stupid as it might sound, seeing my room in daylight I looked around closely for the first time. In the middle of the room was my white bed. It stood on a bright and soft carpet. The two doors of my room were white as well. One leading to one of the two bathrooms on this floor and the second one leading to the hallway. The shelves and the closet fit the white of my walls and the dark wood of the floor. I also had a mini couch right in front of my window where I spend most of last night.

They really put effort into this. I sighted at this thought and walked over to my nightstand to see what was written on the paper.

"Good morning, Honey. We didn't want to wake you up, so we're leaving this note instead. When you go outside don't forget your phone. There's a key on the shelf by the front door. I'll be home around 3 pm, Reah at 5. Make sure to eat something. I left something for lunch in the fridge.

See you later,
Vince"

I smiled at that before I put it aside and drank something of the chocolate milk while I walked downstairs. In the kitchen I put the cup in the dishwasher. Since I wasn't a big fan of breakfast I didn't stay long there.

I grabbed my phone and my headphones. Quickly I put my shoes on and took the key from the shelf. Don't ask me why but I was motivated to go around Forks. Maybe it was because of the weather. I loved the fog. It made me feel safe. It just gave me the feeling of being invisible since you can't be seen until you are close to someone.

As I closed the door behind me I took a deep breath. It wasn't really cold. It was just the right temperature for me. While I walked to the sidewalk in front of the house I put music on and enjoyed the lyrics of the first song. I closed my eyes for a second and immediately felt better about the whole situation I was in.

Choosing a random direction I just started walking. Vince actually told me where the school was but I forgot that already. It didn't seem that important to me. I wasn't going to stay long anyway.

I won't lie, I knew that I was going to be lost eventually but I didn't think it would already be half an hour after I left the house. To be honest I didn't care about it that much. I knew that I would have option B. One of them could come and pick me up if I was able to explain where I was.

Besides me being lost I enjoyed the weather. It was quiet. I've met just a few people on my way around the place I'll live in for at least two months. And they didn't recognize me as the new girl. Forks was a very little place on the planet earth. It's one of that places where everyone knew everyone. Once someone told news to a friend, the whole town knew it. Another reason why I was happy about the fog.

I didn't know how long I was outside already and I refused to look at the time on my phone because it would break the feeling that I had right now. I was feeling at peace. Like nothing cold harm me right now, no matter what might happen. I loved that. And I deeply enjoyed every moment of it.

When I reached nearly the end of Forks I just turned around and walked back, using another route without having a clear direction. I knew that I should try to get back. I told myself to ask the next people that would cross my path, knowing that it was rather unlikely.

When my battery died not shortly after, I really didn't had another option. Maps couldn't help anymore. While cursing myself for not charging my phone I just kept walking, hoping that I would either find the way on my own or find someone to ask.

Surprisingly I saw two shadows coming in my direction after hardly ten minutes. I wasn't comfortable with asking but it was my only option that moment.

"Uhm, excuse me. I'm sorry to ask but I'm new and I kinda got lost here..", I started. They were close enough for me to see them clearly. It was a cute girl, even smaller than me with wild dark hair and a taller guy with a little longer blonde hair. They were around my age. It looked like their eyes were yellow but I was sure that I didn't saw it clearly enough through the fog.
The smaller girl smiled brightly at me. "Oh, you must be Emery Lorens, right? Everyone was talking about you the last two weeks. They're so excited.", she said happily. I smiled and tried to hide how uncomfortable this situation made me. "Alice, calm down. You're making her feeling uneasy.", the blond guy on her side said.

"It's fine, don't worry. And it's Emery Rennell actually.", I answered slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I'm Alice by the way and that's my boyfriend Jasper. I hope I didn't cross any boundaries there. ", she said. I shook my head. "No, don't worry. I actually wanted to ask for the way, since I'm kinda lost.", I mentioned again hoping for the answer to my unspoken question. "Just go straight until the next corner and turn left. After that turn right and then right again. It's actually quite near.", Jasper answered. "Thank you, you're a lifesaver.", I said. We exchanged our goodbyes and I walked the way he told me to. Sooner than I thought I was back.

Just in time for lunch. I grinned to myself.