Chapter 7 - Stares ✔️

The next day I woke up with a better feeling than the day before. Remembering the dream of last night I had to giggle. I quickly changed and did my morning routine before packing my back and going downstairs. In the kitchen I met Vince who just made coffee. When he was done he simply handed me a cup. I thanked him and enjoyed the first sip of the only thing that kept my eyes open.

"I'm sorry but I won't be able to drive you today. You remember the way, right?", he asked me after a couple minutes of listening to the radio. I nodded. "Good. By the way, do you need anything? Reah wanted to go grocery shopping after work.", he said. "No, not really", I answered. This time he was the one nodding. "Please be careful on your way to school. I've gotta go now. I'll see you later.", he said before drinking his last sip of coffee. He put his cup in the dishwasher.

In passing, he briefly pressed my shoulder and then disappeared into the cloakroom. Shortly after I heard the door closing. I didn't stay long in the kitchen afterwards either. I just quickly told Reah that I was leaving and disappeared out of the door as well.

With my headphones in and the volume on the highest setting I made my way to school. I enjoyed the once again foggy weather. When I was close to the campus I walked slowlier than before. But even that didn't prevent me from reaching it eventually. My first stop was the same as yesterday.

Mrs Caughlin was cursing at the printer when I stepped into the office. When the door closed behind me she looked up. "Good morning, how can I help you?", she asked while she pressed a few buttons on the printer. I guess she didn't really noticed who I was. "Good morning. I forgot to bring back the list yesterday.", I said. "Oh, right. Just put it on the desk. Thank you.", she answered. Her attention immediately went back to the device in front of her, so I just left the room saying bye.

My next stop was my locker. With a quick look at my schedule I sighed as I grabbed the books for my first period. I was really proud of myself when I found the biology room without any difficulties. When I got there the teacher wasn't there yet.

Because I didn't had another option I asked a student who was sitting alone at the back of the room if there were any empty seats left. "Yeah of course. Next to me is one left. If you want to sit nearer the blackboard there's the seat in the second row in the middle.", he told me. "I'd rather stay as far away from the teacher as possible. Is it alright if I take the seat next to you?", I asked. "Of course. And I totally understand you. Mr Banner isn't my favorite either.", he answered.

I honestly didn't care about the teacher even though his name reminded me of the Marvel marathon with Vince and Reah. I just wanted to escape the stares of the students and prevent the teacher from asking me to introduce myself. The seat in the last row seemed to have the best potential to achieve my goals.

"I'm Eric by the way.", he told me. "I'm Emery. Nice to meet you.", I said, knowing that he knew I was the new girl. I saw him in the hallway making pictures for the school newspaper yesterday. People like that always knew everything that was going on. Especially if they live in a place like Forks.

I talked with him for a while about the school and the students here. He also told me every name of every student entering the room. "That's Kyle. He's one of the dungeons and dragons kids. Oh, and that are Edward and Bella. They got in a relationship not long after she moved here.", he said. I looked up. Rosalie and Emmett talked about them when they drove me home. The blonde beauty didn't like her.

I watched them closely and almost immediately Edward was looking at me. More like staring. I only glanced at him once before I ignored him. Suddenly Eric called Bellas name and wanted her to come over to us. I didn't like that idea but it seemed like they were friends. "Hey Bella. Angie wanted me to tell you that she had another idea for the feature. She wanted to talk it over and ask you for advice. By the way, that's Emery. The new girl that just moved here. Emery, that is Bella. A friend of mine.", he introduced us to another. I forced a smile. "Oh, hey. I thought you would start next week.", she said. I just shrugged. Something about her was weird. Before I had the chance to answer the teacher came in and Bella went to her seat two rows in front of us. Now I'm even more glad I didn't take the seat in their row.

The whole period over Edward would glance at me from time to time. And every time he turned back he whispered something to Bella. But even if I tried I wouldn't have a chance to understand them. Eric was talking quite a lot. I liked him but he was a little much. He also offered me to sit with them at lunch. I said I would be considering it. Obviously I wasn't. I would get some food and head outside then hoping to find a quiet place to stay.

But first I had to survive my next class; math.