19.1 - Paul -

Paul

He was trembling in anger. His thoughts were racing and he knew his pack heard every single one of them. Surprised by himself he could keep calm until he drove Emery home he couldn't help it anymore. It took a lot from him not to shape shift.

A few minutes later he found himself in front of the Cullens house. He knew exactly that this was extremely difficult in terms of the contract but at the moment anger filled his whole body, making him unable to think straight.

Paul walked up to the front door, his pack just arriving in time. "Hey!", he heard Sam say. Stopping in mid movement he turned around. His friends stood two meters behind him.

"Is that all true? I couldn't catch on everything but I heard enough of your thoughts to make me just as angry. But this is their place. You know the contract. Watch your steps", he warned Paul. "I'm not a wolf right now, am I?", he simply answered with a normal tone. His body language told otherwise. All of them were really tense. Emery was quickly part of the group so they all felt protective over her. They wanted nothing more than rip their heads - especially Edwards - off. But they also knew they weren't allowed to.

Sam wanted to reply but the sound of the door opening made him stop. Paul turned around to see Carlisle walking outside. "Good afternoon. I'm surprised seeing you here", he greeted. "We need to talk to Edward, Emmett and Rosalie", Sam answered in the same diplomatic way. Everyone knew his pack wouldn't stop pissing him off until he allowed them to talk - just talk. It's probably better for everyone if the Alpha had an eye on his pack.

"I see. I assume that's because of Emery, am I right?", the blonde male replied. Sam agreed. Focusing on the scene in front of him Paul got impatient with every second. He wasn't even sure what they would do if the three of them actually came out of that unnecessarily big house. But he didn't think about that in the first place. He would know if it happened.

"As long as you remember the contract I do not see any problems. Still, I will talk to them beforehand. Just give me a minute. I'll be right back". With that said he went inside. They didn't need to wait long until Emmett and Rosalie came out. Somehow they were immediately focused on Paul. He didn't mind since he was going to talk anyway.

"What's up with that bullshit? You're playing with Emery? Are you two fucking for real?!", he blurted out. A frown took its place on the blonde woman's face. "How is that any of your business?", she hissed. "It's my business since Emery told me about it! You haven't seen how broken she was because of you reeking bloodsucker. If it wasn't for her and the contract I'd rip your heads off", he growled. His pack didn't even try to hold him back. Just in case he'd be close to shift they would act. They were all surprised about Paul's self control.

For the blink of an eye the Vampires in front of him looked pained. But it vanished as soon as it came. "Still, that's something between Emery and us. I don't recall asking for advice and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know you're here", Emmett replied. He sounded very calm, almost like he knew Paul said the truth. But the shapeshifter couldn't believe in that for even a second.

The focus suddenly shifted when Edward came out of the building. The mood changed as well. If it was possible they were all even more tense then before. Jared and Embry couldn't suppress a growl.

"What are you doing here?", was the only thing the brunette guy said as he stood next to Rosalie but still with more distance than usual. That wasn't unnoticed. At this point even Sam had trouble to suppress a growl.

"The question is why you think you could treat Emery like you bastard did.", Jacob hissed and said everyone's thought out loud. An sarcastic grin was plastered on Edward's face wich couldn't make Paul any more aggressive. "Wow. Does she have guard dogs now?". Now Sam really couldn't stop himself from growling. "Be careful with your words. Emery is one of us. You hurt her, you hurt us. And that won't be tolerated.", he said.

"Think about the contract. There isn't much you could do. Besides it's none of your damn business.", he answered. "Also I don't get why you're in for that human. Coming here just to threaten".

Paul was just a minute away from exploding. First he talks bad about Emery, now about the pack and her again. Suddenly Edward's head flew to the right. He struggled with his balance but could manage not to fall.

The pack was shocked. "Be careful how you speak about her. And even if I dislike it very much, these are her friends. They are important to her and she's important to them. So I'd suggest you watch your tongue. I have no problem repeating what I just did until it gets in your head. I don't care if Bella shows up and tries to save your ass. You heard that?".

The blonde girls voice was dangerously calm. She was very close to Edward, hand still up high. Everyone knew that she meant her words and that she would slap him again if needed. Somehow it calmed Paul's nerves. Seeing him get slapped by his own sister made it great to watch. As much as he disliked the thought but that blonde girl maybe wasn't that bad. Who knows how it would've been under different circumstances.

One thing was very clear though. If it wasn't for the contract their heads would be rolling.