Chapter 10 - Hair messing✔️

In the Kitchen she immediately offered me cookies. Before I could take one Jared came up and took one. He got scolded by Emily shortly after. I looked at them amused. "Is it always like this?", I asked Jake that just sat down next to me. "Pretty much.", he said grinning while he gave me a cookie.

The other three came in the kitchen as well and sat down around the table. Instead of just taking a freshly made cookie they asked Emily if it was okay. She nodded. It was obvious who had control over them.

"So, Emery. Are you more of a dog or more of a cat person?", she asked me and Paul next to me almost choked on the water he was drinking. Sam tensed up a little while he looked at her. I looked at them confused before I answered. "Dogs. A hundred percent. Cats somehow don't like me."

Jacob surpressed a laugher next to me wich leads me to slightly hit him on his upper arm. The others were grinning at me. "What?", I asked. Jared just shook his head amused and gave Jake a knowing look.

We spend the whole afternoon talking and joking. Paul and I had fun teasing Jacob. Overall I really had a great time. I'm not going to lie I was kind of sad when Vince came to us telling me that we had to go. Emily hugged me goodbye and the others surprisingly followed her example. Paul slightly picked me up before letting me down again.

I laughed at him and messed with his hair. Afterwards I ran away from him laughing as he intended messing with mine. Vince watched us amused. "Stop laughing and help me!", I yelled at Emily, Vince and the other four males watching us. Paul eventually got me and threw me over his shoulder. "Let me down!", I said laughing and tried to escape his grip. "Never", he replied and walked me over to the car, Vince casually walking besides us. I waved at the others while I was carried away. They just laughed and waved back.

Paul finally let me down by the car. "Alright, shortie. I hope I'll see you around soon.", he grinned and messed with my hair as revenge that he actually already got by throwing me over his shoulder. I gave up and just let him. "Done?", I asked him and he nodded while grinning at me. He seemed proud of himself.

"How about you say bye to Billy and I'll talk to Paul?", Vince asked me. I just didn't question it and walked over to Billy. "Did you have a good time here?", he asked me smiling. "Yes. Thank you for inviting me.", I replied. "You can come here whenever you want to. You're welcome anytime. Even if it doesn't work out with Vince and Reah. But I think it will. I have a feeling for that.", he said. "I hope so. Thanks again. I appreciate it. It's beautiful here". "You didn't even saw half of it, Kiddo.", he answered. "Well, at least I'll know what to do next time I'm here then". "You sure do. And now get back. I think Vince is waiting. It was nice meeting you". "You too. I hope we'll meet again soon.", I said and waved him goodbye.

Vince already sat in the car and Paul was nowhere to be seen. I didn't want to think about what they both talked about. I just hoped it wouldn't be embarrassing for me.

"Ready?", Vince asked when I got in. I nodded smiling. "Alright. You're on the music.". I laughed at that. The way back home was exactly like the way to the Quileute Res but this time we asked each other how it was and what we did there instead of school and work.

"How about we three go for a walk in the woods tomorrow?", Vince asked when dinner time came around. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea.", Reah said. "Also we could show you some orientation points.", Vince offered. "Yeah, why not?", I replied.

"Oh, by the way Emery, I don't know if you saw it already but our attic is quite empty.", Reah said. I nodded while chewing my food. "Well since it's pretty big up there we planned to make the whole space for you if this works out.", she said and I almost spit out the rice. "Wait what? The whole space? It's like a third floor", I called out. Vince nodded. "It was empty all the time. We wanted to create something for our child in case we'd ever have one. And if this works out and you want to be part of our little family we'd love to give it to you.", he said. I won't lie, that kind of pressured me.

"You don't have to say anything yet. It's too soon to decide anyway. I just thought that you should know.", Reah told me. I smiled at the pair in front of me. In a month and two weeks I would have to decide if I would want to stay. And they would decide if they wanted me here. I hoped for the best.