Chapter 17 - It hurts ✔️

!!!Trigger warning: panic attack!!!

When I woke up the next Monday morning I had a bad feeling. It clung onto me and even after I left the house for school it wouldn't disappear.

When I arrived at school I was glad to see that I had Art class with Jess and Angie now. It was really fun with them and even though they asked me about Emmett and Rosalie again it was fine. Since I noticed more in the Cullen/Hale behavior myself I wasn't too surprised what they've told me. Basically the rumors didn't die.

When the first break came around I found myself looking for the Cullens. But with no luck. I even walked out of the building to see if their car was in their usual parking lot. It was. When the break ended I still hadn't found them.

My concentration in math wasn't the best. Combining my bad feeling with the absence of the Cullens was something I resist to do. I just hoped to see them in the cafeteria.

That was also the first place I went to when lunch break started. Looking around I first didn't saw them. They sat on a different table than usual. his time they were pretty much in the darkest corner there was. When my eyes met Emmett I smiled at him. He froze but looked away really quick. I actually thought he'd come up at me with the ae huge grin as usual. I was confused and also disappointed. Maybe he had a bad day?

I tried to convince myself that it had to be like that. I just took my usual apple before I walked over to them. The nearer I got the more I hesitated. I took a deep breath and convinced myself that it wold be alright.

"Hey guys" , I greeted them happily even though I didn't feel like that at all. No one answered. I stood there awkwardly waiting for someone to say something. Nervously I played with the apple in my hands.

"Uhm, did I do something wrong?", I asked quietly after they still didn't say anything. Emmett was just staring in any direction and Rosalie just played with her fingers. I could tell that they were tensed. The others behavior wasn't really different from that.

"Just go already.", Edward suddenly said and didn't even bothered to look at me. Instead he watched two students outside. "What?",. My voice wasn't much more than a whisper. "You heard me. Can't you see that no one wants you here?", he answered and actually glanced at me for second.

"Bu-", I started but was harshly interrupted by him again. "Just go already. Are you deaf? You became boring. Take it personal or don't, I don't care. And now get lost". Shock. That's what described my situation quite well. Without another word I turned around and almost run out of the cafeteria. I threw the apple in the next trash can I saw.

Tears formed in my eyes. I had no clue what just happened. My brain tried to process it and find out what I did wrong. I went into the next girl's bathroom I found and tried not to overthink.

Did I say something that upset them? Was it because I spend time with Paul and the others? Or was I just a toy for them? But Jessica and Angela would have told me then, right? Did they just talked to me because I was the girl from a children's home that needed pity?

I felt a sharp pain in my chest.. A second later I realized that my breath had fastened. I was hyperventilating. Trying to get my breath under control and not starting to sob I hid in one of the cabins.

I hadn't had a panic attack in a very long time. Especially not that bad. I didn't even understand why I reacted that extreme. It wasn't the first time that people were pretending to be my friends. But it never hit me that bad.

It took me a while to calm down a little. The bell had rung five minutes ago already. I wondered if Jasper would even notice that I wasn't in history class. I laughed bitterly.

When I decided to finally stand up I needed a moment. The world around me was spinning. What a lovely after-effect. That was definitely not because I skipped lunch.

I looked horrible when I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red, I was pale and my dark cycles were even more noticeable than usual. It wasn't any better after I washed my face with water. I sighed.

At my locker I took the things I would need. I originally planned to go to the nurse office or to Mrs Caughlin to get a excuse but in the end I just walked out of the building without telling anyone. I mean who would've cared anyway? The Cullens turned out to be fake and I wasn't that close with Jess and her clique anyway. I scoffed.

While I was walking home I tried to concentrate fully on the music. I tried to block any thoughts that came up. I wasn't really successful at that. But at least I tried.

Usually I enjoyed the walk home but today it felt like it took forever for me to get there. When I finally arrived I immediately went to my room and buried myself in the blanked and the pillows on my mini couch.

I didn't understand myself. Why did I feel so much for them? I met them nearly a month ago. And it was fun. But it was fake. It's not the first time people were doing this to me.

So why did it hurt? Why did it hurt so much?