twenty six

"I don't think this is real" I mumbled laying on my back as Joe kissed my shoulder. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "Are you real?"

"I don't know, I might just be a dream" he smirked "tell me something love. After all those months. I'm suddenly in your dream? Y/n we're in a new year" he sighed and kissed my lips softly. "What brings me to your beautiful mind all of a sudden"

"I just miss you. So much" I wrapped my arms around him "I regret ever pushing you away when all you've done is care for me"

"It's okay my love, I love you"

"I love you"

I woke up to jarrod coming into my room and groaned.

How long has it been? I don't even keep time anymore. I've stopped taking jobs and focused on myself. I just wanted to be alone. After he left that day I surrounded myself with only my team when I needed to make appearances or had interviews. I completely got rid of my phone and just focused on myself.

"You know, I think we should invite some old friends over and live stream the official announcements of the Oscar nominations" I was sitting in bed as Jarrod encouraged me to surround myself by other people. "Y/n, it's been months. 2022 babe, this is your year and this year we're gonna do amazing" I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed

"Who would be coming" I looked up at him.

"That would be up to you" he said. I looked at the pictures on my wall and looked back at him.

"I want Joe" he sighed and rubbed my arm

"Joe went back to London" he mumbled "he won't be back here till probably. Stranger things"

I frowned and looked up at him.

"Did I miss that much?" I asked as I buried myself in my bed. Jarrod sat there with me and caught me up on everything, and I mean everything. "Can you just call him? Maybe he'll come down"

"Y/n, we don't even know if he likes you still"

"Doesn't matter if he likes me! I just want to see him" I asked. "If you won't then I will" I got up and grabbed my phone from a box that was underneath my bed. I plugged it in and sighed crossing my arms and looked up at jarrod.

"Let me know what he says. I'm inviting your other friends" he said and left the bed. I waited for my phone to turn back on. I paced around and waited for the screen to pop up.

Once it did I sat on my bed and scrolled through my contacts. I tapped on it and waited for the phone to wring.

He instantly picked up.

"Y/n! I mean hey hi hello?" I smiled hearing his voice

"Hey Joe"

"Hey! Hey! Uh what's with the sudden call, not that I don't mind! No I'm glad I got this call. Did you get all my letters? And flowers? And uh letters"

"Yes I did"

"It's been a while y/n"

"Yeah it has"

"Yeah! I saw that you were up for nomination on the Oscar's! I'll be watching the live stream, cheering for you bestie"

"Why thank you. But I was actually wondering, can you come over. Well I heard that you're back in London but I would love if you came to LA. Jarrod said we should have a watch party and I'd think it would be great for you to be here" I told him. He didn't answer and I felt my heart break "and I mean while you're here I would love for you to stay for a couple of months, like the stranger things premier" he stayed silent and my heart was aching. "Joe I'm really sorry. For everything's we've literally done so much in a small amount of time of being together and everything"

"I'll come"

"What?"

"Pick me up at the airport. I'll come. Keep an eye out for my text of when to come pick me up" before I could say anything he hung up. I stared down at my phone and looked up at jarrod who was looking at me with a smile

"I'm glad you called"

"Shut up"

Joseph POV

"You're really going back?" My friend asked as I packed as much as I can. I looked up at him and nodded. "Dude after everything-"

"We've both done right and wrong, don't you think it's crazy after her going on a year pledge of no phones, no internet, no nothing but then calls me? I think she wants to be with me again?"

"And you're gonna take that?"

"Yes! I've never met anyone as amazing and loving with y/n. The whole time she's been in my life I don't want anyone but her. All these months I've never had feelings for a girl like I did with her"

"What's so special about her?"

"Why are you so against it! Everything is so special about her. I really think she's my person and if this time doesn't work out then she isn't" he rolled his eyes and I chuckled grabbing my bags. "Do me a favor and ship the rest of my bags"

"How long are you going over there for?!"

"However long I could stay" I smiled. I looked down at my watch and sighed. "Well I'm headed off to the airport and find the soonest flight I could catch for LA"

"Good luck mate" he mumbled and helped me packed my clothes. "You really think this is all worth it" he raised an eyebrow

"Yeah" I smiled "I really think it is, but I'm gonna play hard to get because that's what she's been doing" I said making him laugh "everything I do with and for her is really worth it"