Lonely (M/M)

Summary: Chishiya visits Niragi's grave during his birthday.

— — — — — —

A rainy day. Gloomy, slightly damp, cold, but that didn't stop Chishiya. Since it was someone's birthday, he decided to visit him and spare some words. As he walked up to the person's grave, he noticed something. Something unusual. Usually, there would be gifts on the tombstone. But he guessed no one decided to come out and pay a visit. Maybe because the person he's visiting was an asshole in the past. Who knows. Anyway, Chishiya stopped in his tracks. Gifts in one hand, an umbrella in the other. He took out a black blanket and laid it down so he could sit on the ground.

"Happy birthday, Niragi. I never expected to come out and wish you a happy birthday. Especially since it decided to rain today. But ever since that night, I've kept my promise. To always wish you happy birthday, even if you weren't there with me."

Chishiya was so close to breaking down in tears. The mere thought of his best friend being dead just made him sad.

"...I'm gonna try and stay strong for you. Y'know, it's been tough ever since you passed. Your mom's been doing well though, so that's good. But I've been struggling to keep up. You were my light bulb to give me light, encourage me, and just be there for me..."

Chishiya tried to utter another word, resulting in tears coming down. He couldn't keep himself together like this, especially in front of his best friend's grave. To know that the person he's known for a long time is now not there with him is heartbreaking.

He grabbed a tissue and started to cry, letting the umbrella go under his arms. The rain slightly soaked his forehead, along with his hair. But Chishiya didn't care, at all. As he wiped his tears away, he started to speak again.

"...I think it's time for me to leave now. I spent all the time I could without breaking down in front of you. Just know that I'm always thinking of you. Forever and always Niragi, forever always."

And with that, Chishiya arose from his seat. He folded the blanket back up and left, not wanting to cry even more as he felt a headache come on and was tired. He drove off, repaying some memories of him and Niragi to keep himself occupied as slight happiness.