Remembering (F/M)

Summary: Usagi and Arisu talk to each other again.

— — — — — —

The birds chirped, and the sun shined bright. It was a normal day as patients of a hospital were being treated, or going outside for a breath of fresh air. Yuzuha Usagi was limping around the hospital, passing by many doctors, patients, and others while trying to get to a vending machine. Ryōhei Arisu had noticed her struggling, so he quickly came to her rescue and helped her walk.

"Thanks...do I know you?"

"No problem...hm?"

"You're Arisu, right?"

"Y-yeah. How did you know?"

"Because we talked the other day, remember?"

"...I remember it a little bit. You're Usagi, the woman who I helped, right?"

"Mhm. But before we start talking a little bit more, let me get myself a water."

Arisu let go of the woman and let her get a bottle of water. She put her money inside and let the machine do its magic, receiving a bottle in return just like she thought. The male went back to her side, helping her to the table near the vending machine.

"...So, how's everything been for you so far?"

"It's been the same as the last time we talked. I've been receiving treatment and just laying around, hoping that I'll recover from this quickly."

"Oh, okay."

"How about you? How are things for you right now?"

"For me, it's been relatively normal. I've been getting treated for everything just like you. My family's been checking in on me and making sure everything's okay."

"That sounds good..."

Family. Something Usagi didn't have anymore. Once that word left Arisu's mouth, she zoned out, getting flashbacks from when her father passed away. The news haunted her like ghosts. She would be followed everywhere like it was a never-ending cycle. From the day she left home to when she came back.

"Usagi, are you okay?"

"...Me?"

"Yeah. I mean, who else am I talking to?"

"...Sorry. I just, I have to go."

Usagi was gonna get out of her chair and try to get away from the conversation, but Arisu stopped her.

"What's wrong?"

"My dad. He, he..."

Usagi didn't want to cry in a place like this. Crying in public was something she never did; but this time, she had to. She just had to let it all out. Even though it's been a long time ever since he passed, she's still grieving.