A Cruel World

Hello Drinor Here, If you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters earlier, head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

www.Patreon.com/Drinor

The following 4 chapters are available for Patrons.

Chapter 5 (Survey Corps), Chapter 6 (Semi-Titan Shifter), Chapter 7 (Abnormal Shifter) and Chapter 8 (Training Corps) are already available for Patrons.

The LINK is in my Profile.

The whole day had been quiet amongst them; the trio barely talked with each other; Eren ate breakfast in complete silence, and so did Armin and Mikasa.

The Ackerman girl still repeated the words Eren said in her head.

I will tell you the Truth

What truth? Mikasa wondered through the whole day, and the face Armin was making showed that he must be thinking the exact same thing. Still, the silence didn't stop them from training like every other day since they started.

Mikasa glanced briefly at Eren, noticing the nervousness written all over his face; his body language showed that whatever he was about to tell them made him nervous.

Unlike the previous days, this day seemed to go on forever, just not wanting to end. Mikasa wondered if her only thinking about whatever Eren would tell them caused the time to feel as if it was going slower somehow.

Armin had, of course, asked why he couldn't tell them right away, but Eren shook his head in denial.

I need to show it, and fewer chances of someone eavesdropping on us. He had explained with a serious tone.

Both had reluctantly nodded before going through the day like 'Normal'. Eventually, the night came, and people were returning back to their beds, wanting to rest after a whole day of working on the fields.

Soon, everyone had fallen asleep except Armin, Eren, and Mikasa. They stood in silence, waiting for several minutes. Seeing everyone was sleeping, Eren stood up first from his bed, quickly followed by the other two.

Eren was thankful that it was still pretty hard to see outside, and he could transform without anyone far away noticing. From the coat left by his father, Eren pulled the letters from an inner pocket, hidden very well.

Armin was surprised to see the letters; he knew he was going to tell what was the deal with them. Same for Mikasa, who knew Eren didn't like poking around his stuff. Having them in his hands, he mouthed for both of them to follow outside, towards the forest. As they walked away from the others, not once did neither Armin nor Mikasa feel nervous or wary of the whole situation.

Soon after over ten minutes of walking through the forest, Eren suddenly stopped in a small clearing. Looking around, Armin saw nothing out of the ordinary. A trunk of a tree on the ground, they sat on it; Eren was facing both of his friends, his face visible sad. He didn't know how they would react to him; he just hoped they wouldn't see him as perhaps a monster. For several weeks Eren had wondered by himself if having these powers made him the same as the Titans who killed his mom. Still, knowing that all Titans were people before helped him in a way, and the words his father had written for him, explaining how, with this power, he could protect the people he valued the most, that sentence convinced Eren that it was worth it, he could protect his friends.

Soon silence fell over them; the only sound around them was the sound of crickets, and crows, a gust of wind passed by, making Mikasa's red scarf dance around, but it didn't fly away due to her always making sure it would never fly off.