The Past, The Present, and The Future

Hello Drinor Here, If you like to become a patron and get access to these chapters   earlier, head on over to Patreon and search 'Drinor.'

https://www.Patreon.com/Drinor

The Following 15 chapters are available for Patrons.

Chapter 38 (A Purpose), Chapter 39 (No Time Left), Chapter 40 (A Soldier or A Warrior), Chapter 41 (A Signal in The Sky), Chapter 42 (The Traitors of Humanity), Chapter 43 (The Clash of Titans), Chapter 44 (A Dream of Joy), Chapter 45 (His Name is Eren Yeager), Chapter 46 (Mikasa's Love), Chapter 47 (A Knife in The Back), Chapter 48 (Annie's Fate), Chapter 49 (The 'Devils of Paradis'), Chapter 50 (Followers of Eren Yeager), Chapter 51 ('I Wanted to be A Hero'), and Chapter 52 (The Yeagerists) are already available for Patrons.

Check out the LINK in my Profile.

Annie

Just like her patience, Annie's caloric reserve would soon end. Her muscles were screaming to stop as she heavily gasped for air, that little do to cool down the scorching heat she was feeling. Given the fact that the day she would leave her father's cabin to try her luck in the Marleyan Government Program was nearing, he submitted her under particularly rigorous training, which was far too demanding for her undeveloped body.

That training consisted of him yelling the name of techniques that she had to quickly execute on him. In the beginning, he wouldn't retaliate. However, if she took more than one second to perform the movement she was ordered to or if she performed incorrectly, he would get increasingly more aggressive.

"What are you doing, Annie? Continue!" he wrathfully ordered. He was investing too much in her; whether she liked it or not, she had to give it her all. Anything less was unacceptable.

"No! I don't wanna!" she yelled. Even though she rarely left her house, she watched the other children around her age enough to know how pathetically weak they all were. She knew most of those who would soon compete against her had little to no training backing them up. She was confident she would easily earn one of the titan powers, but most of all, she was very aware of her superior skills in not just combat; at that point, she also had gunmanship and mental strength going for her. Her most problematic threat was Bertholdt, but even he was no match for her. For these reasons, she saw no point in trying harder. She had already reached her peak.

"What are you talking about?! This isn't time for rest!" he roared. How did she dare disobey him? His word was absolute; her opinions were irrelevant. He was already planning the physical punishment she would receive.

She couldn't take it anymore. Throughout her life, all she did was fight, fight, and fight some more. No friends. No mother. No love. Only an abusive father who treated her like a tool. In her heart, she felt a pit, a high-energy vortex that keeps pulling her down and down. It was like one of those dreams where we keep falling and falling, and there seems no end to it. If that wasn't enough, slowly, a light appeared to dim. Before she knew it, she was surrounded by this dark, empty space filled with nothing but her negativity and suffering, and then from the darkness. Thoughts appear that it's better to curl up and die somehow rather than to make futile efforts to climb back up towards the little rays of light that still sometimes penetrate that dark, soulless pit. Perhaps that was why she didn't have friends or love.

The words her father had just roared were the straw that broke the camel's back.

Consumed by her flaring temper, she launched the most violent onslaught her years of training allowed to her father's left shin. Caught off guard, even an expert like her father fell to the ground. But that wasn't enough; he didn't suffer enough for the pain he caused her. Even after he fell, she kept kicking him over and over again.