The 'Devils of Paradis'

Near Wall Maria

With her Titan form, Pieck embarked upon a resolute journey towards the towering expanse of the first Wall. Her deliberate stride reverberated through the earth, sending tremors rippling across the terrain and stirring up clouds of swirling dirt that danced in the air like ethereal specters. As their expedition pressed onward, they had yet to see the legendary walls that were said to house the Titans that would flatten the World.

The moment they had arrived at the shore, Pieck had turned into the Cart Titan; she was big enough to carry quite a few things they had brought with them. Pieck's turret team had come along with them to Paradis; originally, they were supposed to stay in Marley, but Commander Magath had ordered them to go with Pieck in case they needed more support against the devils of Paradis. Zeke had quickly brought up that their help wasn't really necessary, but nonetheless, the Turret Team had been ordered to come along.

After Pieck had turned into the Cart Titan, they had given her quite a few things to carry. The weight of the responsibility lay heavily on her shoulders as she valiantly carried the majority of the supplies. Yet, the sheer magnitude of their needs proved insurmountable for even her incredible strength. Alongside their primary vessel, an additional ship loomed into view, laden with an array of cutting-edge weaponry and a fleet of military vehicles eagerly awaiting their deployment by the Marley Soldiers. Amongst the ranks of these valiant soldiers stood Commander Magath.

To say that Pieck was surprised that Commander Magath had decided to tag along would be an understatement; she had expected someone of his stature and numerous commitments to concoct any plausible excuse to remain at Marley, far away from the perils of the mission. However, much to her surprise, Commander Magath confided in both Pieck and Zeke that only two remaining Warriors were in training left on the Mainland. Thus, until their mission was accomplished, the captain had mandated rigorous daily training for the Warriors in training, with unwavering adherence to Commander Magath's directives until his triumphant return.

Pieck had asked him why he had come with them to the island, but the Commander had told her that he wouldn't answer her question and that it would be best for her not to ask such questions in public.

Eventually, as Pieck and her large group traveled further and further north, Pieck expected them to eventually encounter pure Titans, probably Abnormal Titans. Since the normal pure Titans always traveled towards the Walls, the only ones that usually were left behind were the Abnormal Titans, who did unusual things; sometimes, Abnormal Titans even slept; strangely, they had yet to encounter any Titans.

Pieck's mind drifted away from the chaotic whirlwind of her thoughts, carried away by a sense of fear and anticipation, as the ethereal outline of the towering Wall began to materialize on the distant horizon. The once distant barrier emerged slowly, almost teasingly, growing more distinct with each passing moment. Yet, there it stood, an ominous monument on the edge of the World, casting an eerie shadow upon the land, hinting at the impending doom that lurked behind its impenetrable facade.

As Pieck's gaze fixated on the towering Wall, a shiver ran down her spine, causing an involuntary gulp to escape her lips. With bated breath, she contemplated the sheer power that rested dormant, waiting for the Founder's command to unleash devastation upon the World. Imagining the Wall Titan's mighty stride, she envisaged the catastrophic collapse of civilization, reduced to mere fragments of insignificance, scattered like particles of dust carried away by an unforgiving wind.

As they got closer and closer, Pieck quickly noticed that they were going toward what seemed like an outer wall of the actual Wall. She wondered why the devils would do something like that, but she figured the outer Wall was shielding a city, perhaps.